Sporting vs Arsenal (EL) 2-2

The city rotation caused us a mini blip. Thankfully it wasn’t to bad for us

1 Like

Think that rotation being the reason for our blip is being massively overstated. We’ve been rotating in the cups all season and February was the first time that we went on a winless streak.

1 Like

Agreed. We played quite well that game as well. We genuinely were the better side at Etihad with a rotated side.

If anything, I think the boys got a little too overconfident after that and thus came the Everton slap.

1 Like

Though I can see Arteta going for more safety and start White & Odegaard and one of Gabriel/Saliba

1 Like

I’m thinking:
Turner
Tomiyasu-Holding-Gabriel-Tierney
Vieira-Jorginho-Xhaka
Saka-Martinelli-Nelson

Kiwior can get his start at the Emirates if all goes well in the first match.

1 Like
3 Likes

I like this unless Eddie or Trossard is available.

It would be nice to rest Saka or Martinelli here.

1 Like

I don’t think there will be that much rotation. Turner may or may not play, I think there’s a decent chance Arteta will go with Ramsdale for the knockout matches.

I think Tomiyasu will get a start, Tierney might, although I think Arteta has less faith in him. Other than that, probably close to full strength. Maybe not Partey in the middle.

I like this team. I think we have to rotate atm in the EL with Fulham at the weekend. We have two legs, just need to keep the tie in the balance on Thursday.

Argh, can’t even rest Zinchenko.

If Zinchenko plays I would use Kiwior tomorrow.

1 Like

I like Tierney, but the constant niggles for a sub gets tiresome at one point.

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t we want to use Zinchenko?

I think Tierney would have got his start here.

I’d rather put our strongest foot forward moving into this final period of the season. Some light rotation here and there but every defeat will have a knock on effect so it’s important to keep our form and concentration.

1 Like

Tbf, I think we’ve shared enough minutes recently that it should be fine.

Xhaka, Jorginho coming back into the side with Vieira and Tomiyasu maintaining their spots in the starting XI shouldn’t be an issue.

Nelson will have to start as we simply have no better options with Eddie and Trossard out.
And then you have Turner who’s actually done very well when used this season.

I think instability could come if Holding and Kiwior are used, especially if both play.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Arteta decides to stick with Saliba and Gabriel. Three games to go, Gabriel will definitely stay back during the international break and Saliba’s spot in the national team is far from certain.

1 Like

Interested to see Kiwior, Vieira, Nelson and Smith Rowe start.

These guys can put a marker down that they want to get into the PL starting XI.

I think you only start one of the two and it should be Kiwior. He played regularly the first half of the season in Italy and now isn’t playing at all. The last thing we want is to need him in an emergency and have the guy be totally cold. I think you play him tomorrow and bring Bob Holding along for vibes.

Safe journey for fellow gooners to Lisbon.

I’m up for changing the team. Keep it tight defensively and get them back to the grove with the tie up for grabs

1 Like

Soke conflicting information about Vieira’s availability. Apparently Tierney isn’t the only one sick. Martinelli said Vieira is sick and that’s why he wasn’t in the presser but Arteta said he is fine.
Weird.