(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

Bran’s gonna end up dead, if he keeps pulling that weird shit.

1 Like

I used to think that Cersei wouldn’t last long given that she has literally no characters of note left on her team, but given how far away from everything she is, and that she’s unlikely to commit her army, I think she will last until almost the end now. I’m actually struggling to imagine where the big drama or surprises is going to come from.

1 Like

Yeah, beyond the obvious Jon/Dany conflict I’m not sure what’s going to happen.

My guess is very little story and lots of epic battles and deaths, which is what people have come to like in the last 2 or so seasons.

What’s annoying is there aren’t even any villains left. Nobody is going to cheer when/if Euron dies, or the night king. Joffrey for example was a really hateable villain, and Ramsey to an extent.

The only villian I’d like to see die is Arya. I’m hoping she’s killed by some incarnation of Jaqen, dressed as Sansa or something, or just as she’s about to kill what she thinks is Cersei or whoever is left from the list. She’s done whatever the fuck she wants for too long now imo.

1 Like

True, A pregnant spiteful lady doesn’t exactly make a great leading villain for sure.
She would have been great as a peripheral figure to someone like Tywin Lannister.

Likewise frustrated in that regard. Everyone is a good guy now and I don’t see anyone particularly falling out or throwing a curve ball. I think there will be some tension between Jon & Dany, as you point out, but I don’t see them coming to blows. Unless Bran turns evil Night King then I don’t see anything of interest happening. Nothing much wrong with first episode but no tension or excitement. So yeah big battles it probably is then.

Maybe we get a Dany heel turn?

Apparently possible spoilers from leaks:

The night king and White walkers are dealt with by episode 4, which would be a disappointment for me but there you go

That’s about the only thing to save the day really. Heel turn. Betrayed by Tyrion. That would be fun. As per your spoiler - it would be a let down, but it would also free the series from dragging out a bunch of nothing.

I’d actually like it if that were true.

It would save a whole season from simply building to the inevitable climax.

Currently anything else that isn’t related to defeating the night king feels a bit irrelevant and I don’t like that.

To me GoT is a show about political manoeuvring and “lets unite the races to defeat Sauron” really doesn’t appeal to me personally unless there are some serious twists.

Apart from Jon giving a fuck about little else for the last 2 seasons, the night king could easily not exist and almost everything else could still make sense. I think the show was at it’s best before we even met the night king.

2 Likes

The show was at its best before it ran out of source material.

2 Likes

There are some twists which could happen if the show is ballsy enough.

As @Electrifying said, Dany could turn heel once she knows Jon has a better claim. Tyrion could also turn heel betraying Dany as hinted at in previous season, which would explain why he is acting so dumb. He could then in turn vault face and betray Cersei. Bronn could be sent to kill Jaimie not Tyrion. Then, if WW are defeated early, you could have them return via evil Bran ready for the final showdown whatever that would be. That could be quite fun, but I just down know if the show would do it nor do I think that fits the prophesy outlined in the books which the show is presumably following.

True tbh, I also preferred the political machinations of the show more than preparing against this existential threat.

That’s why I enjoyed ep 1 so much, because it was more of that.

Khal Drogo beasting it :joy::joy:

Soo, sooooo?! Not the most detailed or episodes I thought but a nice launch pad into the coming abyss.

1 Like

I love a “meditations on the abyss” type episode.

I really got the feeling this was the end of the series as we know it, and definitely nearly the end of the road for a lot of characters. Next week is going to be madness.

4 Likes

Really strong prelude to the big battle. lots of pathos, good scenes.

Predictions for the big battle:

Only mid level characters to die - Theon, Pod, Greyworm, Thoros, maybe Brienne.

Then I think they’ll spit into two fleeing groups. Jon, Dany, Davos, Tyrion, Sansa, Samwell who’ll flee to Iron Island, saved by Yara. Then Arya, Jamie, Hound, possibly Brienne, to flee to Riverrun. I think maybe the Reeds will pop up to save Bran and that he might end up warged or something by Night King, though hidden from us. Group 1 to work out they need to get to the God’s Eye for some kind of Lord of the Rings style ending. Group 2 will head for Kings Landing for some reason so that Arya can kill Cersei in Jamie’s face, and for the Hound / Mountain face off.
Edit: All the irrelevant baggage that is the ones who can’t fight hidden in the crypt to be turned into white walkers, and Jorah and his shewolf relation to die saving Dany.

2 Likes

So good. This is the last time we see the characters together, that’s for certain. So many hidden goodbyes in this episode.

Brienne knighted was a great touch.

Big question is will Dany’s love for Jon trump her want for the throne? Would she consider throwing him under the bus?

2 Likes

A lot of mentions from numerous characters in this episode of ‘the crypts are the safest place’. After watching this video above, I feel like this is lining up to be quite the opposite!

1 Like

He wont even want it I don’t think.

2 Likes

Very nice set up episode, they really pulled at the heartstrings with Brienne being Knighted. Was a touching moment.

Tormund stole the show though…

6 Likes

Yeah I know the rep I created for myself but the Arya scene was not needed. Ughh.

1 Like