Space Thread

I saw it, it was pretty low!

Not sure how I can add vids here but did catch it on my phone.

Upload it to https://streamable.com

And it will embed on here :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Calum, you da man.

3 Likes

If that ainā€™t a mouse then care to explain what it is ? This is the official footage from NASA ?

I canā€™t explain what that is but it shouldnā€™t need explaining that a mouse canā€™t survive a launch and being in space.

1 Like

So your eyes have confirmed that NASA is bullshitting us ?

Did NASA confirmed that it is a mouse?
In that case, I hold my hands up.

Wow

5 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Holy shit that thing is absolutely monstrous

Why is Elon Musk so hell bent on pandering to meme generation?

Safe enough prediction. No I told you so from either side here. :grin:

1 Like

Glad Iā€™ll be long dead :grimacing:

na man when itā€™s like a few million yrs out itā€™ll stretch across the entire sky, a trillion grains of sparkly glitter covering your entire overhead hemisphere. You buy a pack of crisps, put on some headphones with chill music, go sit on a lawn and just stare up into the heavens for hours or until your neck gets sore. I think it would be spectacular, Iā€™m bummed out Iā€™ll miss it tbh :santi: lol

2 Likes

Not specifically pertaining to this, however I was listening to a podcast discussing what would happen if two galaxy(maybe It was solar system) are overlapping and passing through.

The space between objects is so big that unless there is a heavy gravitational pull, the chances of collision is low.

Got my spot to to watch it when happens, itā€™s all fake anyway weā€™re clearly living in a simulation. I donā€™t even know if any of you guys actually exist or are just figments of my imagination!

1 Like

yeah, galaxies, itā€™s true, when Andromeda crashes into us is there is almost 0 chance anything will hit anything. Itā€™ll pass through like that animation, theyā€™ll elongate and deform, then contract through gravity, elongate and deform again, do that a bunch of cycles until they become one relaxed system (like one merged galaxy).

3 Likes

That animation looked like a massive splash post collision haha. Can be misleading.
Thatā€™s why I mentioned it.

Yeah I also watched some stuff on this. A direct collision from Andromeda and milky way merging is very unlikely. Theres about a 1 in 10million chance a star passes through somewhere within Neptunes orbit.

But the sun would have turned into a red giant by then anyway so we wont be on Earth.

3 Likes