Southampton Vs Arsenal (PL)

Saka, ESR and Pepe trio behind the striker… Very interesting, wanted to see that long ago.
Pepe absolutely has to show something here.
I think Laca’s lack of pace and mobility shouldn’t be a concern with all the movent behing him. This looks like a good mix. On the paper at least.

Thank fuck Willian is out

no… what was your original username, pal??

It isn’t all doom and gloom for me, I have to leave for work bang on kick off, so at least I won’t have to watch is fail to beat Southampton for the 3rd time in 6 weeks :heart:

I have a feeling we could lose 3 nil here, I have that feeling.

It sucks to be so negative :pensive:

I think its too late for Pepe in general, especially with Odegaard coming into the mix, but I agree this is a big opportunity for him to show something when playing alongside ESR, Saka, and Laca rather than the likes of Willian and Eddie.

2 Likes

Whats up with Gabriel on the bench again?

I suppose he was average in the cup, Arteta saying something about a loss of conditioning due to be unable to train for 14 days or something.

Soton’s two fullbacks, Jake Vokins and Yan Valery, have played a total of 11 minutes in the Premier League between them this season. The other eight field players are the same team that played on Saturday.

If we had Ceballos > Xhaka and Tierney > Cedric I’d be confident of a win.

The latter more significant obviously.

1 Like

Now would be a good time for Pepe to do something…

5 Likes

Definitely

Understate much?

Glad Mat Ryan is on the bench…1st time in months I’ve not been panicking about a Leno injury…

4 Likes

AMN is in the doghouse, the hell’s going on.

He’s not a very good footballer is my first guess

2 Likes

After his performance at LB against Crystal Palace, I’m not exactly broken up about not seeing him there again.

Pepe vs a rookie fullback who has no experience. Take your fucking chance please, Pepe.

4 Likes

Oh ffs Laca