KO: 20:15
:tv: BT SPORT

Southampton away, we go again! :fire:

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Southampton win

0 voters

I’ll say 1-1.

0 0 Southampton aren’t much good when expectation knocks like at the Emirates. Be another boring game and Leno make 2 saves to get us a point.

2 Likes

This again ? Today’s game already felt like a league one.

Everything set for us to get the 3 points here.
Southampton will essentially come out the same so we have the upper hand. Time for Arteta to show his abilities. Anything less than a win will look really bad.

2 Likes

Hassenhutl has more coaching acumen in one of his ball hairs than Arteta does in his entire body.

Southampton are a decent team this season. This will be a tough one.

5 Likes

If we lose, we can leave Arteta and Cedric at Southampton and bring Hassenhuttl and Bertrand back with us on the coach.

It will be the best bit of business we do in this window.

2 Likes

Well fuck me, that won’t take long then…

3 Likes

I think we’ll get the points here. Although I think we’ll make hard work of it

Our first team is better than them and we’ll be fresher. Hassenhutl prioritized the FA Cup while Arteta prioritized the league so if we can’t win here its a big indictment.

2 Likes

woke up late and it was down 0-1
just turn off my cell phone and went back to sleep again

not a wrong decision at all

2 Likes

Wouldn’t risk Auba here. His head might not be in the game. We should cope without him anyway.

----------------Leno-----------------
Cedric-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
---------Partey—Xhaka----------
----Saka------ESR-------Pepe—
-----------------Laca-----------------

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Partey Ceballos
Saka ESR Auba
Laca

2 Likes

We really should be smashing them. Anything less than three points is a disaster for Arteta given the upcoming fixture list.

OK, just looking a bit more closely they are really fucked if KWP is indeed out in addition to Bertrand. They have only five defenders who have played more than 11 league minutes this season - Bertrand, Vestergaard, Bednarek, KWP, Stephens. Stephens was their first choice backup to play fullback earlier this year, but he is already replacing Vestergaard in the middle. No idea what they will do on the flanks if missing both fullbacks.

3 Likes

I’m not expecting it to happen but if Auba misses out tomorrow this is really the perfect opportunity for Arteta to put Balogun on the substitute’s bench and bring him on late. Play a front four of Laca with Martinelli–ESR–Saka behind, then bring on Balogun for 20 minutes at the end of the match, especially if we’re a couple goals ahead and its a low pressure situation.

It’ll probably be Eddie instead.

2 Likes

Arteta is too much of a coward to try something like that.
He will go with the same players he usually does unless his hand is forced.
If Aubameyang doesn’t play then, like you say, he’ll go with Lacazette upfront with ESR, Saka and maybe Martinelli or Pepe.
If we are desperate for a goal then he might bring Nketiah on but it’s unlikely Balogun will even be on the bench.

Arteta knows he’s had an easy run of games and needs to get a win because our next in the PL are against Man U, Wolves and Aston Villa and he is not a risk taker.
I just hope he doesn’t pick Willian or Xhaka.

2 Likes

If he plays Saka ESR and Martinelli as well as Tierney and Partey I might upgrade my prediction of a draw to our win.

If he starts with Willian Pepe and Eddie I’ll predict a loss and that Artetas just after a pay off for being shit like lots of other people at the club.

2 Likes

This is the correct thread lads don’t know why someone bumped the FA Cup thread lol

2 Likes

I am a bit high tonight give me some leeway please lol

1 Like

Only a bit? No leeway so.

1 Like