Southampton vs Arsenal (PL) 1-1

One thing that is key to combating the fatigue just a little bit is also making use of our 5 subs much earlier in the game.

Start hooking people around the 60 minute mark rather than leaving them all until the 80th minute mark.

3 Likes

Any locals that can confirm thunderstorms and shit for the game tomorrow? Doesnt Bode well for champagne footie then.

Nonsense. Super Mike will instruct them to use the natural slippery surface of the pitch to dispatch Southampton with ease.

1 Like

At least Southampton also played this midweek just gone, where as Leeds had the week off to prepare.

Anyways the reward of a victory is

14 points above Liverpool
10 points above United
9 points above Chelsea

7 Likes

4 points above city, tops the fucking lot tbh.

2 Likes

This made me chuckle haha

4 Likes

It made me worried

4 Likes

I think right now I’m just more focused on getting as much l separation between us and 5th place as possible. Trying to lock in a return to the CL for the first time in 6 and a bit years.

Then hopefully a by-product of that is we float around the top of the table until the 2nd half of the season and you just never know your luck.

8 Likes

Yeah I see that and we’re not that far a part tbh. Just concentrating on getting to this WC break with a lead tbh.
All hope from there stems on the transfer window.
The ground work is hopefully being done now.

4 Likes

They’ve got a fair few injuries

Lavia
Bella-Kotchap
Kyle Walker-Peters
Livramento
AMN (ineligible)

Pretty big misses in CM and defence there.

Just do the usual start fast and score goals things that we’ve been doing :pray:

3 Likes

Southhampton is our bogey team… let’s hope we get over this bogey team this time.

3 Likes

I must confess I’m not looking forward to todays game . I can see a potential banana skin here . This is going to be a tough tough game. COYG , keep the momentum going but each and everyone has got to be at their very best today .

4 Likes

Time for another statement away win.

0-3 Arsenal.

4 Likes

If football were played on paper, we would win easily. Southampton are a bit of a bogey team: I still have ptsd ovrr the 4 nil they gave us during the year where we should have won the title.

We need to match their energy and intensity and the football will do the rest. Think we’ll see the same line up as the Leeds game although I’d like to see Tierney in.

3 Likes

What is a bogey team? Two losses in the league in last six years? Surely we have worst records against many other teams

5 Likes

Yeah true when I looked that up the other day I thought it would be worse, I can’t say that qualifies as a bogey team.

I can remember 2000/01- I think they were the only team we didnt register a win against. 1-0 loss away and 2-2 at home. Bastards

(Actually Chelsea was another, but we did beat them in the Cup :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I think in 01/02 they were the last team we didn’t beat, 2-2 draw at Highbury on February and then we went on to win our last 13 league games.

Bloody Jo Tessem.

2 Likes

Then 02/03 they were part of that 4 game losing streak we had in the autumn :frowning:

1 Like

Was that the Beattie hat trick ?

2 Likes