Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Sok-Evans would have been solid, an enforcer and someone who can calmly play out from the back right centre back position. We always overthink the centreback situation at this club and it always turns to shit.

2 Likes

6 Likes

One of the four guys who wouldn’t take a pay cut.

3 Likes

Would have been eaten alive by teams splitting and running in behind. I don’t understand this Johnny Evans fanfic. It would not have worked here. Good player, wrong team.

1 Like

It’s no fan fic my man, people said he couldn’t hack it at the top and his last few seasons with Leicester have deemed that to be nonsense.

There’s a reason managers like Fergie, Wenger and Pep considered him to be a quality centre back. Most Arsenal fans who didn’t want him probably barely watched him and just went for the hive mind approach like they do with everything, especially when it comes to non English British players.

No point going down this road again but he’s been fantastic for the Foxes and there’s absolutely no reason he couldn’t have been for us. You seem to think he would have failed in our system but trust me when I say as someone who has watched nearly every professional game he has played that he would have made our weak defensive system stronger.

7 Likes

Wait a second…is Castiel actually Johnny Evans’ mom?

But seriously, we’ll never know. I just remember thinking that if we had this CB or that CB over the years than all our problems would he solved but it never really worked out except for a hot second with Per and Kos.

We asked our CBs to defend on islands and I just don’t think that would have been ideal for him.

We’ll never know obviously, but maybe there’s an alternate timeline where Evans, Zaha and Banega all signed for us, Trump never got elected and we stormed Chelsea in Baku. It’s a better world there.

Bit much to say that we sold Ozil if everything that has been reported thus far is true.

Entourage ffs. He’s an out of work yard dog trying to top his pension fund up. Fuck off would you mate.

5 Likes

I don’t think how the story gets reported is on him to be fair.

2 Likes

Well yeah but I wasn’t trying to be fair.

3 Likes

Seems we offered him to Liverpool but klopp not keen :grin:

1 Like
1 Like

Contract terminated. Another one of those rubbish signings.

2 Likes

We are getting rid of driftwood in this window with Kola this lump and ended the Ozil saga. Going forward this is a productive window in reality.

5 Likes

2 Likes

These deals should have been wrapped up in the summer so I can’t really be excited about them being done months later.

Its not like this is a player we all hate whose making errors every week and we’ll be glad to see never wear the shirt again, he was already a complete non-entity at this club after we didn’t register him.

7 Likes

A bit late, but there is progress indeed. A real shame that it doesn’t go hand-in-hand with on the field progres…

2 Likes

Was a good honest player. All the best Sok

8 Likes