Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Thanks Sok. You weren’t as shite as some people made out.

7 Likes

Good riddance to bad rubbish

1 Like

He definitely isn’t shit it was just a ridiculous waste of money and a totally unnecessary buy

5 Likes

Always liked Papa, he was a solid no nonsense, old school style physical defender, was limited but loved that he had a dirty side to him and would occasionally trip or kick an opposing player. Was never properly utilised here and probably doesn’t fit the description of the kind of defender we’re looking for but was far from shite in my opinion.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

5 Likes

Thanks for everything Papa, you weren’t our worst defender, but things just never worked out

2 Likes

Whatever his shortcomings might be, the contrast between him keeping his head down, doing his job and managing business behind closed doors the last couple of months and Ozil’s public attention seeking is very striking.

Good luck to him.

3 Likes

We’ve had a lot like that .

Thanks for the effort Papa. Best of luck in Turkey!

1 Like
16 Likes

Another £18m investment that we’ve recouped nothing on.

Suppose we knew that we’d get very little from a future sale given his age, but this trend really has to stop with future signings.

Anyway, really glad we’ve managed to shift him. Credit to the club for managing to fuck him and Özil off. Never thought that would happen in January.

Still got probably 5-10 players who we need to offload to do a proper rebuild.

8 Likes

18m definitely wasted considering we never utilized the guy properly, but Arsenal has been such a dumpster fire I guess these kinds of things are to be expected. We’ve been through 3 different upper management teams and are on the 3rd manager in as many years so…

3 Likes

Adequate signing but adequate signing can come cheaper than 18m.

His hard man act constantly trying to initiate needless fights was cringey affair which I am glad to see less of recently

Good luck to him wherever he goes

1 Like

I liked him tbh. Wish him the best.

5 Likes
2 Likes

This was exactly the sort of signings we shouldn’t be making, 18 million quid on players with limited ceilings that have next to no resale value.

7 Likes

Glad we had Sven’s genius insight at the club to secure this guy on a deal so bad we had to cancel it. Idiot.

10 Likes

HE was a decent defender though. We just had a manager who decided he only wanted ball playing CBs

1 Like

Yeah, idk. He was part of a speculate to accumulate strategy that never really worked.

1 Like

Exactly. I knew Sven was a fraud as soon as he made this signing.
Only ever bought players he was familiar with

2 Likes