Slavia Prague vs Arsenal (EL)

What by a team who went in as favourites and get beat having had 2 players sent off. Nah. Need more than that.

Auba and Odegaard still out then.

1 Like

Well now Arteta should get a pass on his no start in the first leg. Obviously it would seem he was ill.

1 Like

Injury report says they’ll be assessed before the game.

1 Like

ill or “ill” though?

2 Likes

Arteta said in the morning it depends on whether they train today. So I guess they were assessed and didn’t make it.

Not sure where you’re seeing that-

If they’re even close to being fit to go you’d imagine they travel, you can’t just leave your two best players at home in the most important game of the season.

They legirnately might both be crocked though.

The first question. And then he had subsequent question from Charles.
They’re not gonna play without training. They both were absent today after this conference.

Did he specifically rule them out today with this or is that just an interpretation? The first question to me didn’t read as definitive at all, what did he the other question say?

My interpretation and I think that’s what Charles understood too, that’s why he posted an update about the training that followed.
They’ve missed more than a couple of training sessions. If they can’t train right before the game then I can’t see how they can contribute in the game.

Edit: Hang on, why did I say Charles? I meant ZR. :joy:

Ah fair enough, I’m still hopeful as they’re both a massive loss but if they’re genuinely ill/injured then you just have to hope we have enough quality to deal with Slavia Prague without them.

1 Like

I guess it would be a good result (win/advance) from a bad game.
Typical Arsenal in cup games.

We might be in for a shocker…I’m not confident at all.

The first 15-20 minutes will be a clear indication of how the game will go . We all know this team and individuals are capable of getting a result and playing to their abilities BUT…
I’m going with 1-1 till the 88th minute then Elneny will become a hero with a late goal .
COYG

1 Like

1 Like

That’ll do me
COYG

We’re better than all of them so we’ve got no excuses.

I don’t think we are really.

2 Likes

Inter and BVB have been pretty shit in Europe recently. Same for Barca.
Granted, I think there’s much more to Inter than they show. Can’t believe how they have been choking in the group stages and then last season in the EL final against Sevilla.