Site Feedback

Threads need approval now? Looks like all the bitching about my former players threads paid off :grin:

5 Likes

Hope it doesn’t stop you trying or lessen your input.
Been a bloody good poster since you joined and created some good threads.

6 Likes

Only in the former gunners section. Some staff felt that some of the threads were unnecessary so the decision to make them for approval was made.

Not sure how long it’ll be in place for but OA as a forum has always been run in a way where discussions largely take place in certain threads so I’m not sure a thread on Stefan Schwarz was necessary because it was his birthday haha.

But I largely enjoy your usage of the former gunners section and I’m in support of the vast majority of threads that have been created there so don’t let that stop you.

2 Likes

Just want to say that the quality of discussion over the last few days has been excellent so thank you to everyone who’s contributed to the great atmosphere over the last few days.

Some great back and forth, some very interesting points being raised and everyone has maintained a high degree of respect for one another and the conversations have been very civilised.

Long may it continue :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Guys what would you consider the most ‘General Football’ section of the website? I was thinking of finding or starting a thread where we can post our favourite football moments to share our love for the game at heart. I’ve seen an Arsenal thread for this but not sure if there’s another.

Random Football would suffice, no?

Maybe before yesterday :eyes:

7 Likes

Perfect thanks man

Has Discourse found a fix for youtube not properly displaying previews? There are workarounds but it’s not optimal tbh.

You just need to embed the right url and it works.

I’ve fixed a load recently by clicking the link and repasting the url that you get from the share button on YouTube.

1 Like

@JakeyBoy you alive?

1 Like

Yeah he’s good, just taking some time off the forum.

2 Likes

I must correct you on this one Shammy, but it is actually possible to do this @Electrifying . Very simple really. Categories can be setup to have a particular user trust level to be able to prevent members who are outside a certain level to not have access to a different part of the forum. Custom groups can also be made as another way to manage members access as well :slight_smile:

Works pretty much the same manner as the old Forum really.

2 Likes

Perfect.

I’m considering asking to be banned from the red section if Lacazette is extended and Arteta stays next season.

I’ll just be repeating myself over and over again and the schtick is getting boring.

4 Likes

Seven months hiatus and this is how you say hello? :grin:

Probably an admin thing anyway, I am a mere mod. :slight_smile:

Also, @Electrifying whether possible or not, we’re not doing it. Would get silly.

2 Likes

Fucking hell :joy::joy::joy:

Have you ever considered, I dunno, just not going in there at all? :smiley: Better still, just put any threads you don’t want to see on ignore. Infact, you can mute any new post notifications for a particular category by going into your preferences settings.

@shamrockgooner Haha sorry dude :chester: Hello!

5 Likes

Does anyone often have problems with the site on iPhone where if you click the unread posts and go back to the main page it sometimes puts you halfway down the page and you have to scroll back up to get to recent posts?

1 Like

Just came here to say thanks to @Bl1nk. Your a legend for getting the site the way it is, after spending the last few days browsing the shit show that is other clubs forums it’s clear we have the best football fan forum and the best designers to boot. This site looks good, is easy to browse and isn’t riddled with crappy ads every post. Love you GG

15 Likes

Why are you drinking in the morning?

:wink:

1 Like