Sheffield United Vs Arsenal (FA Cup Quarter Final)

You had better teams back then.

A semi final to look forward to - who would have thunk it.

The league is dead but at least there is some excitement for us.

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ weā€™ve beaten Leeds, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, and Sheffield Unitedā€¦

We basically have to win 2 games at neutral setting against probably good teamsā€¦ thatā€™s it.

While I agree that as bad as we are anything good coming to us is miraculous, the magic of the Cup is that it is a crapshoot.

2 Likes

Our defence against Chelsea was makeshift. Mertesacker was playing his first game of the season in a final :poldi:

1 Like

2nd half it was a bit nervy and another defensive howler to let Sheff Utd in it, but besides that I thought it was fine, game wasnā€™t any great shakes. But I thought we looked better on the right with Maitland Niles at right back. Tierney was MOTM for me. Pepe, Willock, Xhaka and Saka all played very well. Martinez in goal was very good.

Another Semi Final, be nice to finish this season off with a trophy.

Are they doing both semis the same day this year?

That goal would have been so much better with all the flying limbs from the away arsenal fans :disappointed:

And he was awesome that day!

2 Likes

Weekend of 18 July & 19 July

1 Like

The reason out defence was under so much pressure inthe second half was because the space in midefield. This is where City, Utd and Chelsea will likely tear us apart. We donā€™t have the defence to sit back and they do it with our forwards trying to apply pressure, that leaves so much space for players like KDB, Ferdandes and whoever plays in MF for Chelsea to take control and dictate. It leaces our defenders exposed and usually leads to defensive errors.

Iā€™m trying to be optimisitc, but itā€™s difficult. I was so optimistic with the return and our fixture list (bar City where I was hoping for a draw). Then we go and lose to Brighton in a bad way and I havenā€™t seen much to get excited about this season. The young attacking players bring excitement for the furture though.

1 Like

Not an easy watch, but Iā€™ll take that. This win is all the sweeter as I know theyā€™ll be a few Northerners fuming with the way that game was refereed :ozil:

1 Like

1 Like

The proposed dates are for Sat 18th and Sun 19th of July, with the final in August:

2 Likes

Wait does that count as an assist by Pepe

Damn, van Persie just explained the big issue that Iā€™m talking about. Lacks connection from defence to mid to forwards.

1 Like
1 Like

Fuck yeah Daniiiii. I was cursing ET losing another 30 + minutes sleep to watch us lose.

GET THE FUCK IN

6 Likes

I agree about our slim chances against any of the teams left (including Leicester).

I think we will have to catch them on a serious off day for us to come out on top, we only produce small droplets of quality in all of our matches, since the restart all of our matches have been very pedestrian.

Itā€™s not impossible as anything can happen on the day and I still love this competition, so as long as we are in, I will support the boys even though I donā€™t trust half of 'em

1 Like

:syringe: :giroud2:

Abysmal referee .
Arsenal were taking 20 to 25 seconds per throw in did nothing
Bought every single arsenal players fall

They need testing for hearing problems if their balance is that bad

Bent as, one of the worse refereeā€™s performances I have ever seen, he may as well have worn a yellow shirt. Wanker.

What grated me most, is theyā€™d flop to the floor like theyā€™d been shot. And heā€™s give the decision whilst smirking like a smarmy bastard. Absolutely shite at his job.

2 Likes

Itā€™s so satisfying to beat teams who play hoof-ball. Cynical fouling, long-throws and building an entire gameplan on winning headers basically.

Yes, very satisfying and a lovely way to end the week.

4 Likes