Serie A

What a donut. FFS dude. Even if you personally don’t think it’s a big deal (which, you’re wrong, it is a big deal), back up your teammate!

I really hope I’m not coming across as defending racism but you can’t just blanket statement like that as if all fans are guilty of the behaviour. There are a fuck load yes, but it’s more of a vocal minority, though a far larger one than in england etc.

Oh no I don’t literally mean every single fan does it. Poor choice of words. More that every club most likely has a group of fans who’ll use racist chants Willy-nilly. It absolutely is a minority, but because it occurs so frequently, it might appear that it is a majority.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough. I completely agree though. We have a massive problem with it. The difference is it gets you banned in england, in Italy they’ve only recently started doing it so it will take time.

I still hear a lot of racism in pubs and casual conversation among football fans in england, but not to the rife degree it is over in Italy. It’s shameful frankly.

I remember being in a restaurant in Milan, we were a lot younger and more naive, brought up the men selling the souvenirs on the street to the waiter, and he started a rant how they all need to leave the country, and most of the restaurant either spoke in approval or didn’t bat an eye.

Yeah definitely. We have a big problem here too. Our fans were especially atrocious during the Euros. Though, I guess from looking in it appears like sometimes in Italy it is glamourised. Like clubs like Lazio, it seems a small section of their fan base pride themselves on being racists

This reminded me of Inter’s Curva Nord statement on the monkey chants Lukaku had when he played away at Cagliari.

I really struggled at the time with this and how the player carried on with them.
If im honest I still don’t.

5 Likes

I think Lukaku did it out of loyalty to Conte. Came begging for Chelsea as soon as Conte up sticks and left.

3 Likes

That statement should be used in PR classes on how to not handle allegations of racism. JFC.

1 Like

The future is bright @Gio

3 Likes

that cant be real…can it? :laca2:

Clearly best player ever/Freddy adu situation.

If he keeps declining at that rate he’ll barely be hitting a goal every 5 games by the time he’s 18. Sell him for 70m now I say.

1 Like

Announce Camarda

Put him under Arteta for a couple of seasons, and his figures will drop to a goal every 10 games…easy!

lmao

1 Like

#theartetamethod

Aaron Hickey is some player imo

Why is every good Scottish defender a LB ffs

Could you convert him to a LW? Or left sided eight?

Nah we’ll just play 11 left backs it’s cool

1 Like