Serie A

If you combine him with 4 bottle Corona Jakey on a Friday night he starts being mean to Cristo and throws bottles at little girls.

It’s like Gremlin rules, no feeding 3 lions Jake beer after midnight.

2 Likes

English nationalist Jakey wouldn’t want anything to hamper the superiority of the PL though.

2 Likes

It depends if he were a Chelsea fan or not, if not it could be seen as an act to free the Premier League from the shackles of foreign oil money and influence. If he were a Chelsea fan then he would have to take the knee in protest before bumrushing stewards at the gate of Wembley. Fine margins.

Wasn’t old enough to remember any of this but fucking hell Milan played some sexy football. Their pressing, attacking movement and passing was insane. Ruud Gullit was an absolute monster as well.

League was stacked as well, Maradonna, Baggio, full head of hair Vialli, Mancini, van Basten, Ancelloti etc…

7 Likes

What a video, my god. Yeah, I’m not old enough to have seen this all live but I’ve watched countless videos back. Everyone creams themselves over Guardiolas Barcelona. Give me Sacchi’s Milan any day. Their offside trap was lethal, they could play fast quick passing to open teams up if they needed to or just run through you like a freight train with riijkaard gullitt and van basten.

All done with much more likeable, less whiny and less diving players, or uefas help. I think sacchi’s Milan with baresi, Maldini, costacurta, tassotti, ancelotti and riijkaard would stop anything guardiola could throw at them, then the best thing is most of those players were great going forward also. Baresi was king of counterattacks.

4 Likes

Yeah have to agree, such a stacked team fully dispels the myth that football tactics were invented after 2010 :joy: it’s funny because when you watch these clips you get a sense of nostalgia, even though you never saw it. Something magical about football from that period, especially Serie A.

Also have to say that whoever put the clips together did a really good job with the quality. Usually the footage would be very grainy, but this has very good details and colour.

5 Likes

That’s just stupid good. Absolutely preposterous.

Man City could never.

And before anyone starts with the “oh but it’s a squad game now” nonsense, I still think peak 80s-90s Serie A vaporizes late 2010s Man City. Obliterate them without a trace. People would be calling the FBI to file a missing person’s report.

2 Likes

3 foreign player rule was a big part of it’s success.
The open market that followed on the Bosman ruling took the edge off it. Quantity swamped quality in the end.
Most competitively and skillful League football ever seen this period of the game.

3 Likes

Did England ever have rules like that?

Not really. Basically players from the home countries and the attitude that foreign players wouldn’t cut it here.
Teams took the odd one but wasn’t really considered.
Think the first PL had about 14 overseas players in it.

4 Likes

Just look at the football played, modern football looks so mechanical and stale compared to the eras past. I know these are just clips of the goals, but also look at how most of the players drive the ball forward as well through good touches or clever passing. Look at the skill level of many of the players. Yet there’s some belief current players are better than ever before.

All the fitness regimes, coaching, academies and systems and look at what’s left in the sport. Yikes.

6 Likes

Mikel Arteta has entered the chat

2 Likes

It always makes me laugh when I see people talk about people like Pep and Klopp as if they invented football.

That’s why I shudder whenever I read the term “modern CB” as if there weren’t plenty of ball playing defenders in the last.

People talk about pressing as if it’s some radical new football idea like you didn’t have the two best teams of the 80s (Liverpool and AC Milan) being heavy exponents of high energy pressing football.

2 Likes

Would have been an interesting match AC v Liverpool 88 side.

2 Likes

you twat :joy:

2 Likes

@Gio @SRCJJ @Phoebica

5 Likes

Shame half the fucking talent in the league ia being mopped up lol.

5 Likes

Sweet gives me even more reason keep my subscription.

2 Likes

Ligue 1 and Serie A - BT

Bundesliga - Sky

La Liga - Premier Sports :joy:

How did La Liga get such a big L

2 Likes

Finally. Got bored of streaming the matches. Refused to pay for Premier Sports.

2 Likes