Serie A

He peaked with Italy on Euro 2012 and was effectively done as a top coach when Italy tanked in the subsequent WC. But he was always such a likeable guy, just hasn’t had it for a while now as a high level coach.

Hope he handles his personal struggles and comes out the winner here. :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

Nope, he made Italy play well again in 2012, we had some great matches under him, particularly beating Germany 2-0, and Pirlo being better than all four of England’s midfielders, but yea cesare was so good for us.

He’s a brave man and I’m glad he’s had the balls to be completely honest about the situation, that’s a big man right there. (Not tbat there is shame in hiding away of course).

3 Likes

Gab Marcotti is great. He used to be so present on British radio / podcasts. Think it was the Times podcast that I used to love listening to. Probably my favourite football analyst / pundit.

I’ve looked at the Golazzo podcast and wow there are some amazing episodes on there. They cover Batistuta, the rise and fall of Parma, Maradona’s Napoli days amongst many more iconic Italian football eras. Can’t fucking wait.

Also just did a quick search and discovered Marcotti does a joint podcast with the Arsenal (and Arsène) loving Julien Laurens. Pow, what a combo. Another great find.

2 Likes

That’s a dynamic duo! Will have to check it out!

What is it with Italian clubs right now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s disgusting.

3 Likes

I don’t get this one at all. I hated the Juventus one but got the logic behind it as an icon, logo brand thing.
This is something else completely though. Just woeful.

It ain’t that bad. Just missing a bit of gold in the middle like the previous ones.

Don’t know with Inter Miami setting up now, reinventing your club Crest is not great timing at the very least.

2 Likes

Yeah, that did pop into my head as well.
I guess they have the right experts who can prove how this change benefits them and doesn’t interfere with Miami? :man_shrugging:
The one with Juventus is also an odd one. Juventus grew as a brand since the change but one can claim that had more to do with Ronaldo joining them.

1 Like

This is the same one with gold in the middle and around the badge.

Don’t think anyone would’ve complained with that.

5 Likes

That looks great. The elimination of gold has ruined the ‘logo’.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

How are Atalanta doing so far?

Just realised that their RB is Danish, Joakin Mæhle Pedersen. Has he been any good?

He’s been filled with promise. A little flakey under pressure but overall a delicious addition to the squad.

2 Likes

Atalanta have been decent since the turn of the year. But if we’re going to pick out one of their defenders I’d probably pick out Romero, though their defence isn’t why they’re popular is it?! :smile: They’re the top scorers in Serie A again. Or perhaps joint top.

1 Like

Looks like they did a rebrand unless it’s an elaborate April Fool’s joke.

This one is way better than the Juventus monstrosity but I still think it was unnecessary.

Scroll up we’ve already been over this. They’ve gone from the very, very best logo in football, to this clip art VW shite

4 Likes

My bad.