Serie A

Nah. Enough money available. Just made the wrong choices. The fact that we have only bought three top players and no players with potential to become top players from 2012 to 2017 has nothing to do with lower fees for certain players.

Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez have literally been the only good buys. The rest, without exemption, has all been shite. Not even decent/mediocre.

Iā€™m honestly not forgetting that. The club and Wenger failed in addressing whatever those issues were. It was clear as day he had this level of ability, Arsenal just havenā€™t been good in over ten years of addressing issues or shortcoming with players who should be achieving more.

1 Like

Szczesny should have absolutely been allowed to stay and grow.
No reason why he couldnā€™t have been a backup to Cech if he can be for Buffon

2 Likes

tonali goes off injured, kjaer picks up a knock and probably out next game.

Ibra, bennacer, tonali, calhanoglu, calabria not 100%, tomori not 100%, mandzu. So many starters now injured, we couldā€™ve done something this season and instead its all falling apart.

Losing 1-0 at home to Udinese is just embarrassing. Give the title to inter, but we will be lucky to stay top 4 now.

2 Likes

Fuck things arenā€™t looking good for the United tie in the Europa League.

im over it honestly, were going out to them i donā€™t care. what fucks me off is all the premier league wankers who will say how shit serie a is, when with a fully fit team weā€™d beat manutd.

the worst thing is just collapsing at this stage of the season. weve been decimated by injuries more than i can ever remember this year. especially considering the strength of their squad, milan have had it way worse than even liverpool this season.

1 Like

On the Szczesny chat, it does really hurt that we let a guy with his talent but who also loved Arsenal leave the club.

He was a superb shot stopper and could spread himself to block shots exceedingly well, but I do recall him being prone to errors in his time here. Heā€™d rush out like a madman sometimes, and he was flappy on crosses too.

I think the GK / defensive coaching at Juve has brought out the absolute best in him. Not sure he would have reached those heights under Arseneā€™s shit GK coaching staff.

1 Like

His errors were amplified by the comedic defending he had in front of him.
His Roma stint immediately after his departure was also a decent outing.

I feel it was a matter of maturity and him growing into his skinny frame.
We went two seasons of Ospina as a backup. We should have had Szczesny as a backup who could have stepped in and claimed the spot once Cech started fading.

That said I am also biased because I loved Szczesny.
Wish we had him because there are very few players I want to adore in recent squad.
Having players like him & Wilshere around would have made last few seasons more tolerable.

1 Like

His time at Roma is what made him. He said himself that he learned more in a year at Roma than he ever did at Arsenal (under our awful goalkeeping coach).

2 Likes

Lukaku still on beast mode,two assists for Alexisā€™ brace.

4 Likes

Jugadorazo :heart:

1 Like

Heā€™s only 27? Feels like heā€™s been around forever. Think he played for Chelsea in that 5-3 at Stamford Bridge? The one where Terry slipped.

1 Like

Yup he came on as a sub during that game.

1 Like

Wild. That game was amazing. Watched on a grainy stream.

Alexis at Inter has been quietly productive as cover for the front two. 19 starts and 21 sub appearances in total, around 1800 league minutes for 10 goals and 12 assists.

5 Likes

I am glad for Sanchez.
Poor guy really tried a lot at his peak and deserved more trophies than he got.

3 Likes

Heā€™s been pretty shit this season as it goes. But his numbers are decent enough.

They were trying to move him on in January for good reason.

But Iā€™m happy to see him having a little renaissance in terms of productivity.

1 Like

What an interesting league the Serie A actually is. Ronaldo at 36 is top scorer. Zlatan still playing really well at age 39 (!!). Then there is Lukaku banging in goals. Sanchez still doing his bit.

Actually, kinda a fun league to keep an eye on.

1 Like

I canā€™t stress enough how bad he has been this season haha. His recent hot streak is nice but it doesnā€™t undo an entire season of dross.

4 Likes

Still I like to see him play as a former Gunner. No idea about his past performances, but not too fuzzed about it either way.