Serie A

Belotti is washed up now. 5 years ago would be perfect though.

You need to replace.bums like castillejo on the wings as well though.

And Rafael Leao is overrated AF

I really like Hakan this season but he needs options.

I initially laughed at the Pioli appointment but I think now he is a good fit for Milan. I don’t necessarily think a change of coach is the best thing.

1 Like

Oof 1-1, game’s good now. A draw doesn’t suit either side!

We could’ve been up 5-0…

Theo just had to pass to brahim on his right, and it’s an open goal almost, roma go down the other end and score.

Classic 2021 Milan.

Rebic!

Maybe he’s a super chill and nice guy in real life but I find him utterly terrifying. :mustafi:

1 Like

Good win for Milan this, keeps them within touching distance.

5 Likes

@Gio :back: :on: :top:

Big big win.

1 Like

Will never get over us giving him away so cheaply

6 Likes

Yep, one of if not the best keeper in the league. Wish he’d fuck off already

2 Likes

Fixed.

He should have played his whole career here.
——————

4 Likes

dont even get me started you know I am completely with you on this I think its right up there with Gnabry, if not worse because Sczcesny was unedenuably good at the time.

Wenger’s fuck up this, proves everything wrong didn’t happen after Wenger left either.

3 Likes

Wenger was weak on keepers. Never fully understood why he was so dismissive of the role.

I think he just had a blind spot for the position. The same way we never really practiced defending. We absolutely would have won a trophy before the FA cup if we’d have addressed the keeper situation sooner. Almunia was never fit for purpose.

3 Likes

It’s a fuck up for sure, but I don’t remember fans being high on Wojciech after his first season.

Perhaps the mistake was retaining Gerry Peyton who Wojciech (and Fabianski who ended up being a solid prem keeper) was a critic of.

I liked him however, didn’t think we needed Cech. But the Almunia years left supporters traumatized over any goalkeeping mistake.

4 Likes

There is no doubt Ches is a much better keeper now than he was while here but equally there’s no doubt in my mind he showed enough in his time here to indicate he was capable of reaching this level. Just another on a long list of failures.

We swapped him for a washed up Petr Cech and somehow lost money on that deal. Still hurts.

7 Likes

Torino got stopped from travelling to Lazio tonight due to health authority guidelines.

People are forgetting the absolute fuck ups Woj was having the season before Cech came in. He might have subsequently come good but he was letting us down at the time and most people thought Cech was an A class upgrade

3 Likes

100%

Good servant for us (supported the club well, took the piss out of Spurs even after he’d left) but we’re confusing that with him being a good goalkeeper.

An error in the late stages of a cup final will forever be etched in my mind.

3 Likes

Woj was always extremely talented hence he started playing at a top team and keeping for Poland at a very young age. Yes he was inconsistent but it’s no great shock in my eyes he is now in the top echelon of keepers in his prime years.

1 Like

This whole Szczesny debacle is only an debacle, just like with Gnabry, because we got shit players in stead. If we had a young, promising keeper in stead of Cech (and the likes of Walcott on the wing) nobody would have cared. At that time he wasn’t ready. Took him 2/3 seasons before replacing Buffon.

2 Likes

Or if we got good fees for both, instead of a combined 12 million quid or whatever it was.

2 Likes