Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

I’d take that. But then again I’m a big fan of SMS.

1 Like

€50m is the right value for SMS. But I don’t see Lazio selling until the summer given they’re having a decent season

1 Like

If we do buy him, we should write into his contract that he has to always have that Ye Olde moustache :slight_smile:

With the whole Xhaka thing I don’t see this happening.

1 Like

DO IT

SMS and Mudryk would be a good window

8 Likes

Although SMS is nearly 28, he is a player for a position we need and who has played at the top level.
Buying Mudryk and him would be a great window and would be a definite signal that the board are willing to back Arteta in the transfer market.

2 Likes

Yeah. The only thing I could imagine causing this unsettlement is his contract situation and his recent dip in form.

He looks to have no interest of signing a new deal so it could be a similar situation with Vlahovic last year where Fiorentina were actually doing well, fighting for a European spot with Vlahovic being key in their hopes.
His contract situation ended up forcing Fiorentina’s hand and they decided to cash in.

Lazio may be forced to do the same and try to reinvest the money they get for him now.

1 Like

My loins are ready.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same concerns and they’re valid, but at the end of the day Arsenal can’t be scared to sign Serbian players because Xhaka won’t like it.
It’s not an Arsenal problem, it’s a Xhaka problem. He better deal with it.

7 Likes

there aint nobody on here that needs those details :arteta:

1 Like

or leave…after all he has been threatening it for seasons now

Not right now

1 Like

40m euros for a 28 year old is excessive

end of season i mean

1 Like

How is that an excessive price? Do you think he’s going to become shit in 2 years or something?

3 Likes

Honestly, if he genuinely does have strong feelings about it then he should.

I didn’t see Ozil and Papa butt heads because of the beef between the Turkish and the Greeks.

Albanians have played with SMS before at Lazio. Hell, the guy who brought SMS to Lazio was Albanian. Haven’t heard of any beef there. If Xhaka has a genuine problem with that the door is open.
I like to think he’s professional enough to deal with it because shit like this is bound to happen in football.

By all accounts, He is not exactly having a world-beating season at 27 anyway.
Him turning substandard in coming seasons is not out of possibilities.

We have a very young squad. Adding a few older heads is a good move.

3 Likes

Can’t say I haven’t had my doubts about him but for a guy who’s been touted as the best midfielder in Serie A the past 4-5 years, €40m sounds incredibly cheap.

2 Likes

How do you know he isn’t having a good season? Where did you read that?

He’s having a really good campaign. I don’t know his numbers but I know he’s been very productive for Lazio this year.

1 Like