Scum

He’s a very good manager but yeah Tottenham don’t do anything ever. It is the history of them :joy:

Must want to test himself in the PL even if its the worse top 6 team

Can’t speak on his managerial ability but when you’re not far from 60 and your biggest job is Celtic then that’s not a manager I think is going to propel them into being a good team again.

I know it sounds ignorant but I just don’t think a top coach spends his entire career out of Europe and his only exposure is now Celtic who have performed miserably under him in Europe.

1 Like

Who would have predicted that Poch from Southampton would have done well with them

I dont think because of where this guy has come from we can say he definitely wont do anything

2 Likes

I hope he stays there as from watching him up here he also seems a really top guy and someone you would love to play for and I dont want to have to dislike him by association :joy:

Not something he will have to worry about at spurs next season :smiley:

2 Likes

Pochettino came with a growing reputation. He was in his late 30s when he got his start in Europe and was well regarded in Spain and his full season at Southampton was, if memory serves me right, their best PL campaign in a long long time.

You can’t compare that to a manager who’s only experience in Europe is arriving in his mid 50s to manage Celtic. He’s had two European campaigns with Celtic and lost the qualifiers of the CL and got knocked out in the EL group stage at his first go. And finished bottom on his second go with 0 wins in 6 games. Doesn’t scream promising managerial candidate to me.

1 Like

Barring the age difference, sounds like he is going to join them with more experience in terms of winning and playing in Europe.

1 Like

I think Ange will do ok if he gets the job, easily be the highest level he has managed at, but he does a good job wherever he goes. The spurs squad is a mess atm, but I think he can do better than this years 8th placed finish.

1 Like

The squad is poor and he’s not going too be given any real input with how that board works. Going for a malleable manager they can control.

Fair question to ask who is actually making decisions there right? They don’t have a DoF at the moment do they? So is it all just Levy working contacts?

I’d say mostly it was.

Would you prefer Kane:

• Plays for another year and then leaves on a free (abroad)
  • Moves (abroad) for £100m this summer

0 voters

Where’s dont care? :joy:

13 Likes

The option you have not to vote ya twat :joy:

4 Likes

I’m personally not worried about this at all. This isn’t an appointment that is going to move them forward. I can see them having 3-4 managers over the next 5 years. Spurs defo on the decline atm and long may that continue.

Hopefully this appointment will see them slide into the midtable purgatory that they deserve.

Hmm I’m not sure.

I’ve got them 6th next year, but that’s only cos I’ve got Emery going full Dick Emery at Villa and Brighton peaking this season. Spurs will only fall into 6th by default, but there’s nothing stopping a Palace or maybe Everton (yuck) surging into the top half of the table next season.

I have em finishing 6th or 7th, which is still better than 8th or be it only marginal.

1 Like

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1665394325520261126?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

Levy’s found a man that won’t rock the boat?

1 Like