Scum

They’re two totally different players.

Some people were really high on him because the idea of pairing him with Partey meant no Xhaka and a very locked down center. But idk that Arteta wants to play that way.

I think he really wants to have Partey hold that entire midfield alone and have two guys ahead of him.

Maybe a more ambitious club would buy Bissouma as cover, but we aren’t that club.

Spurs are going with a totally non-creative midfield and banking on the wingbacks doing it. Hopefully Perisic can’t cope with the speed and blows out his hamstrings by October.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I used the word similar quality…as in their ability level is around the same for me. I know they are completely different players.

And Kane destroys his trying to help Perisic up, who am I kidding Kane would be far too selfish to aid a team mate

1 Like

Kane would give away a child if it meant scoring a goal.

2 Likes

You make this sound like a bad thing.

Taking stock here, my guess is that the window ends with them getting something like: Perisic, Forster, Bissouma, Spence, Eriksen, Pau Torres, Richarlison. No idea who they’ll sell beyond N’Dombele and Lo Celso being unwanted and some of their younger players like Gil and Sarr bound for additional loans but that seems to leave them with:

Forwards: Son, Kane, Kulu, Richarlison, Moura

LWB: Perisic, Sessegnon, Reguilon

RWB: Doherty, Emerson, Spence

CM: Bentancur, Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Eriksen

CBs: Torres, Dier, Romero, Sanchez, Davies, Rodon, Tanganga

GK: Lloris, Forster

That’s a very complete team with a lot of experienced players and enough depth to fight on all fronts. I really don’t see the talent level at CM and WB being high enough to challenge City or Liverpool but unless they have some significant injuries I can definitely see them in the 75-80 point range.

2 Likes

Even with that squad, with a better manager, we finish above them every single season.

Spurs still won’t win anything so doesn’t matter anyway.

go to Real you fuck, would be a massive blow for them.

4 Likes

It would be a massive boost for the game in South Korea if one of their own plays for Real Madrid.

It’s probably what Gabriel Jesus is waiting for :+1::+1:

he would also be good as a 2nd choice stiker there I think. Not sure he wants to be that anymore though. Son would ne fantastic om the right for them, I’ve been hoping for that to happen for years nut somehow they keep holding on to both him and Kane.

I love how they have embraced this.

It isn’t really something to be proud of.

1 Like

The no trophies thing obviously wounds the fuck out of them.

12 Likes

We don’t need any new material though. If they want us to change the record, then they could try erm actually winning a trophy?

10 Likes

That Spurs fan Flav actually used this excuse on The Overlap a while ago and I was baffled but I’ve been seeing it a lot now, some of them actually convinced themselves that it’s actually ok to have won nothing the past decade with the tram they had, lol.

2 Likes

If they win some trophies they won’t have to worry about we say.

Let them enjoy Conte before it all blows up tbh, doubt he does anything apecial with them. His record in Europe is shite and they are not touching City over 38 games

1 Like

It obviously bothers them about not winning a trophy otherwise they wouldn’t keep going on about it.
It’s like Chelsea supporters saying that having a sugar daddy owner doesn’t make any difference.
Both clubs are deluded.

3 Likes

Yeah a bit like how If @Castiel wants us certain posters to change our demeanor on this forum, then Arsenal should probably rid its bottling tendencies on the pitch whenever things are on the line.

People may notice a correlation with significantly improved performance with abundantly improved moods with certain posters on this forum :scream: :smiley:.

4 Likes