Scum

Let’s not forget the man won Serie A just last year, giving Young and Darmian 52 apps combined. He has a knack for signing players who look like shit in everyone’s eyes then wins titles with them. Such a bizarre talent.

4 Likes

That or serie A is wank

I’d say Serie A is the second best league in Europe now tbh after the PL

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have it ahead of La Liga yet, maybe more exciting these days but the quality of teams isn’t backing it up in European comps. Probably third best for me.

CL - Juve through the groups and out in Ro16 to …La liga’s Villarreal. Inter, fair enough going out to the scousers. Meanwhile Atletico, Villarreal and Real all progressed.

EL - Betis, Sevilla and Barca all through while only Atalanta from Italy. Napoli and Lazio out in the playoffs to Barca and Porto. Atalanta did well though and lasted the same distance as Barca.

ECL - Conveniently ignoring this one because it’s garbage and because Roma won so it negates my point.

Difference is I think Serie A is rising again and La Liga is heading downwards despite the decent showing in Europe.

2 Likes

Certainly this season with the title race going all the way.

4 Likes

Still can’t believe Gazidis delivered a league title.

1 Like

I am now seeing he wasn’t the problem. It was the big control freak of a manager that we had which made his job more difficult

5 Likes

I doubt he’d admit it but I think he learned a lot from fucking up so so badly at the end of his tenure here.

Yeah I’d still have La Liga also, until the Italian teams can show they can do something consistently in Europe I’m not ranking it above La Liga.

2 different Spanish clubs have won EL last 3 seasons and obviously we know about Real Madrid in the CL.

2 Likes

Mugabe

1 Like

@BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

We should be buying Moses to go with Jesus and Gabriel.
Then get Pope and Nathan Bishop in as cover for GK.

3 Likes

Imagine the chaos if we bought Perisic though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t really make sense for us at this stage in his career as he wouldn’t have a position that I feel he’d be an upgrade in. It’s clear he’s going to be a wing back and cover for the wide roles in a system he’s familiar with so it completely makes sense for Spurs but not for us

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha. Just look at the state of this.

Thank fuck they dumped that on Spuds, and not us. Masterstroke, Nike.

If they’re paying Perisic 180k pw, how much are they gonna offer Kane? Surely 350+k pw?

1 Like

Perisic
Romero
Kulusevski
Bentancur

Paratici is really playing it safe by sticking to the market he knows best lol

I hear they’re after Bremer or Bastoni and both would be superb signings. The former especially would eat the PL alive he’s a great CB.

I think Conte is pretty much prioritising improving his defensive options more so than anything else

1 Like

Sad to say I think they will have 3rd and it’s between us Chelsea and United for the 4th spot

We appear to be back in operation win Europa League lol

2 Likes

I’m not for a second saying don’t bother with the league, but I fancy our chances of winning the Europa next season more than finishing in the top top four.

A lot of window left though and then a weird interrupted season witha world cup in the middle, anything could happen at this stage, too early to be making any solid predictions.

1 Like