Scum

Did he? He made them play Liverpool for a draw, rather than a win.
Arsenal came out & dominated Spurs until Cedric & Holding made mistakes.

I didn’t see any indication where Conte got Spurs players play out of their skin to get the results.

The Liverpool result and performance was excellent in the circumstances.
Even had chances to win it there. They were very well drilled that night and the confidence that injected set the platform for the rest.
That was down to Conte.

2 Likes

They needed a win at the time if the assumption of Arsenal bottle job was removed.
Conte was a coward in that match

Them having the chances to win is the nature of the game but his work as a manager in that game was cowardish in nature and not at all setup to win the game

Nah it’s not about that. I just don’t think what Conte has done is impressive here and I wouldn’t have been turning cartwheels celebrating our brilliance either had we got 4th. Fair play they have the results, they won’t care how they got there. But we don’t need to applaud their performance when it isn’t anything spectacular.

2 Likes

Don’t disagree and if I’m honest I don’t think whoever got fourth spot is actually going to do much more than make numbers up in Europe.
Pretty much a default position this season tbh and both teams fans have/are seeing more progress than is actually happening.
Just the disappointment comes on the nature of the fail and hurts because they get the banter.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say we dominated spurs until the penalty, we started ok and looked solid but we created fuck all in an attacking sense ourselves.

Dominated not the right word imo

5 Likes

With the CL money, it will be interesting to see how much money Conte will be given and if they will strengthen more than us.

Them finishing higher than us has become the norm and Conte staying there with a substantial transfer budget could mean they pull even further ahead of us.

They are also going to look a lot more attractive for top players to go to.

Inbefore Levy tells Conte and Paratici the squad is already good enough…

Levy only really needs to spend this one summer though to keep Conte happy enough for now. It doesn’t look like lots of big jobs are up for grabs now so he might as well give it another year at Spurs.

He might not win a title with them but this is still a decent job in the short term. They’re probably good enough to get out of a CL group and he could still do good work here and further his reputation.

1 Like

They already did though. They kept Kane, got players on new deals, signed player last summer and in January.

I don’t see them going out of their way to sign a superstar of some sorts this summer. I think they’ll try to leverage their way into signing guys Tielemans who will be available for cut prices.

I don’t think they need a superstar. The players they did bring in were hardly that.

Players like Tielemans at fair prices under a good coach could prove to be great signings for where they are now.

They’ll make some signings but nothing that dramatically elevates them.

They really need 5-6 new players just like us. But they already need to pay 80m for Romero and Kulu just to maintain what they have. So I can’t see them going really big.

I actually feel dirty coming into this thread and I’m a actually astounded how any Arsenal fan can actually give any sort of praise to these cunts, those that do have never been to a game against spurs I assume.

Yes, everyone who disagrees with you has never been to a match before.

See you working this angle across a couple threads now :yawning_face:

People need to drop this narrative.

The first 15 mins where Arsenal “dominated” was a tactical concession from Conte

3 Likes

What angle is this o wise one? I’m saying there’s a big difference between those who go to games against spurs and those that live on the other side of the world who don’t understand the rivalry through no fault of their own.
So for me personally I can’t relate to any form of praise for spurs and I haven’t even gone to an Arsenal spurs game now for years.

But if you are finding my angle boring you can go always go back to sleep

In the other thread you were talking about how spoiled Arsenal fans are, noting they’re probably ones who haven’t even watched a game.

In this thread its about people who have probably never seen us play Spurs.

We can call it something other than an angle though if you’d prefer.

I definitely wouldn’t say we dominated but I’m not sure about it being a tactical concession either.

Spurs looked how they have looked in other matches this season where the other team doesn’t push forward aggressively in possession and allow them to play on the break - pretty much toothless and out of ideas. I don’t think that is some grand tactical strategy.

It was essentially stalemated with us starting to create some opportunities but not yet translating those into real chances and Spurs just doing nothing at all.

I’d like to call it my opinion on a public forum

2 Likes

Ok, lets call it your opinion then.

IMO, reality is that whether people have been to games live probably has little bearing on whether they are entitled or spoiled due to previous success, or in the case of this thread, whether or not they have some words of mild praise for Spurs probably doesn’t depend on if they’ve been to an NLD in person (you don’t quote anyone so its hard to know exactly which posts youre referring to and what counts as praise here)

I guess if you quoted the people you’re referring to we could go one step further and see if there’s even a correlation in the first place. Some of the whingiest, most entitled cunts I’ve ever come across have been other season ticket holders sat within a row or two of me at Highbury and later the Emirates in particular. Couple of those blokes would be by far the biggest whingers on this whole forum lol.

Most people on this forum have probably never been to an NLD but I’d say the vast majority still fully appreciate the rivalry and buy into it. But we may disagree on that specific point, given where this conversation began.

3 Likes