Scum

Which is no good, no excuse for this squad to not get 75 points without European football.

1 Like

So are these idiots going ahead with selling Bergwijn? I really hope he chooses to stay abroad rather than go back to the Dutch League.

I donā€™t think itā€™s much more of an opportunity than other seasons. I definitely think it will take more points to get fourth than the past few years.

Weā€™ll see what happens. I like watching and following Arsenal more right now than I have for a long while and that counts for a lot in my book.

xG since Conte arrived

Canā€™t believe that there was a lot of opposition from United fans about if heā€™d work there lol

4 Likes

This is the main point, spurs have very few players that would get into our team. yet Conte has got them above us in the PL, without spending any money.

Imagine what he would have done if our board had the sense to get him and give him 200m to spend on building a title challenging squad.

He would have been a lot quicker and a lot more successful.

I never get why people use this an argument.
I have supported the club for longer than most on here and have seen us through a lot of dross as well as a lot of success at both Highbury and the Emirates so I donā€™t ā€œsupposedlyā€ support the club, I do support the club.

You could argue that anyone who thinks Arteta is doing a great job and is preferable to a top level manager, like Conte, doesnā€™t want the best for the club and is only driving their agenda for Arteta.

It works both ways.

5 Likes

Lloris is still out of contract in the summer right? Any decent rumours about where he ends up?

He signed an extension the other day didnā€™t he?

Edit:
Yep.

2 Likes

Ah missed that, cheers.

I guess his world cup medal keeps him warm at night so he doesnā€™t want to win any more. :grin:

Or his market was dry as fuck.

Pity though, heā€™d be really tough to replace for them.

1 Like

Arsenal could do with a number 2.

Thinking about it, where would he possibly end up and play as a number 1. All the elite clubs have far better options. So as much as I think heā€™s silly for staying at spurs as long as he has, at least it seems actually playing is one of his priorities.

3 Likes

Just because heā€™d have been free I though Juve looked a natural home for him. :slight_smile:

There isnā€™t a whole lot between him and Woijech though Iā€™d have Lloris slightly ahead (partly because Iā€™ve just seen more of him these last few years tbf.)

1 Like

Some players just like playing were they are.

They dont all have to move to get trophies

Ledley King - as good as spurs fans like to claim he was and coulda been if it werenā€™t for his dodgy knees?

Always seemed alright for England and spurs insignificant pretty much during his years so only really ever noticed him when we played against them

I mean, I donā€™t know about him being as good as Spurs fans say, given some of them have elevated him to the level of being Baresi, Maldini and Beckenbauer all rolled into one, and the finest centre back England has ever seen, if not for injuries.

But I do think that he was very, very talented and may well have been one of the finest of his generation of English centre backs.

Had he been reliably fit and not so unreasonably beset by injuries I donā€™t think heā€™d have spent his whole career at Tottenham. It probably wouldnā€™t have been us benefiting, but I absolutely think heā€™d have done a Campbell and moved to a club where he could win trophies.

Classy player imo.

5 Likes

I think Ledley was just a victim of the age and time he turned professional. To be competing for an England place ahead of Sol, Turdinand, Terry and Woodgate was just plain bad luck.

I say that but he played in Englandā€™s first game in Euro 2004 lol.

Maybe they were also a bit hurt Sol went to us and really wanted to have someone come up at the same time and outdo him. Not to say he was bad ofc.

We were constantly linked with him back then too.

Why is it whenever I see Ledley doing punditry I feel sorry for him?

He depresses me in a deep way.

4 Likes

Anyone have a view on this player? (maybe @SRCJJ). I donā€™t think I have ever seen him play.

It seems like he has struggled to get consistent minutes at Fiorentina and is beyond our guy Torreira on their depth chart. He has also played for a lot of different clubs (4 in the last 5 years by my count).