Scum

Yeah that shows we’re feeling the wrath of 5 seasons in a row finishing below spurs and our last CL game being in March 2017, it’ll be a minimum 5.5 years between CL games even if we finished 4th this season ( Highly unlikely ) which is disgusting.

1 Like

Jermaine Penis is exactly the same. Talks with a swagger about Spurs like he’s up there with Danny Blanchflower and Greavsie.

4 Likes

Only thing I remember of Jamie O’Hara was joining Wolves and sitting on a fat 5 year contract while doing very little prove that value. Very fortunate he was.

2 Likes

I remember O’Hara getting his ass kicked by Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon.

That was sweet

3 Likes

I remember cheif O’Hara and Bruce Wayne in the Batman series.

2 Likes

If your players are shit enough and the level you want to reach is high enough, then a decent manager with real aspirations will need 9-11 new players. Arteta shouldn’t have gotten the job in the first place and he has made his share of mistakes. But he inherited a complete dumpster fire of a roster during a period when the quality of our competitors within the league had risen to unprecedented heights.

Good managers might make the best of what they have, but nobody is forming a team with a prayer of competing with the top teams in the PL out of what Arteta inherited. Vieira has done a great job but its a completely different situation - his remit was to keep Palace up, not to build a team that could eventually compete with the best of the best. Klopp needed nine new starters and a few more new squad players to turn Liverpool into a real force capable of competing for the biggest trophies. Conte is now discovering that he is going to need something similar if he wants to compete with the top teams. Pep has literally spent over a billion pounds on new players in his time at City. I wouldn’t bet on Arteta successfully building a team that can compete with those names but any manager actually trying to do that was going to need to build almost an entirely new team.

1 Like

You say that but Emery another mediocre manager was 1 point of a 4th place finish and EL final away from winning us a European cup with a lesser squad than the one Arteta has had. Sorry bro can’t agree with you

Emery rode a lot of luck that season and I don’t think he had a lesser squad than what Arteta has had, at least up until this year. We were the 7th best team in the league by XG during Emery’s first season. He also had prime age Auba, prime or near-prime Ramsey (who was actually massive for us that year), and still functional Ozil (although he didn’t use him well). We had a mediocre team with results that significantly outpaced the underlying performances and it was all being held up on the offensive end by guys who were either about to decline significantly or leave us on a free. Once luck evened out, we quickly turned to crap the next fall.

Arteta has screwed up a number of things and I wouldn’t necessarily bet on him succeeding at Arsenal but at least there seems to be a real plan in place for building a team. Emery clearly had no plan or team building vision at all beyond scraping a result in the next match.

6 Likes

Absolutely brilliant sentiment that I agree with wholeheartedly.

1 Like

How could Emery have asserted any plan when we had a club structure at the time that took all of that out of the hands of Emery, as “first team coach”,
a club model backed by clueless Vinai, via. Raul Sanllehi (transfers) and Edu (technical)? In some ways Arteta was lucky to come in after all that was tried and failed, even if it was in part due to Sanllehi being sketchy.

2 Likes

Agreed, Emery and Raul didn’t even agree on the same signings, maybe for the better in hindsight. But the lack of direction started at the top.

The objective was straightforward, champions league however you do it. Unfortunately Emery fluffed that in a bad way.

2 Likes

Emery fluffed CL qualification in his first season. Arteta fluffed EL qualification last season. My disagreement would be on Arteta being a better manager than Emery, even accounting for language issues Emery specifically had for the PL.

I think Emery was hard done by the club, while Arteta has been coddled. In some ways maybe both of them are similar level, as a worst case for Emery, who has multiple EL trophies to his name. Both can tend towards football styles with low xG.

4 Likes

I sympathize a lot with Emery but he killed any goodwill after that final stretch in the season. 4/5 No wins (Needed one more for 4th) then the EL Final where we got slapped 4-1 by a Top 4 Rival that season. That was ugly no matter how you can put it.

Agree Arteta has been coddled, although he did earn some of that with the FA Cup…then subsequently spent it all after we were 15th. Survived it somehow beyond all reason and imagination.

3 Likes

I definitely agree that Emery entered a crap situation in that the footballing structure around him was a total mess. Even so, he never seemed to have any kind of vision regarding the type of football he wanted his team to play or the team he hoped the club would build for him.

2 Likes

Fucking yawn.

Yeah because we can. God, Laugh at our rivals. Who cares if they finished above us? Seriously, lighten the fuck up.

Funny that he’s actually hitting us with facts and you’re squashing his opinion

4 Likes

He has an unfortunate surname that could be Jermaine Penis or Jermaine Anus.
Either is perfectly acceptable.

2 Likes

It might be boring but it’s true.

I would hope every normal Arsenal supporter.

3 Likes

You’re off your tits if you don’t think Spurs fans were laughing at us when we were losing the uefa final or getting dumped on our ass by no marks like psv in the CL while they were absolutely fucking nowhere as a club.

I’m not saying that equally anyone here has to laugh at them for getting beat by Mura but yis can get fucked saying we shouldn’t be laughing at them. I can and I will.

1 Like

When did I say you shouldn’t laugh at them?
All I said was we’re laughing at a club that is better than us.

1 Like