Scum

ANZ branch if @Bavin wants to join?

That’s a fearsome foursome right there.

1 Like

I’m not either. I want to be on the Chris Hemsworth train.

1 Like

In answer to Sham’s question, no, I wouldn’t trade their last five years for our last five years.

If you asked me whether I want our next five years to look more like their last five years or our last five years, I’d definitely say theirs. We’ve done the FA Cup winning thing while being dross in the league, variety is the spice of life, so let’s switch it up.

But I wouldnt trade our last five for theirs because that was their best five years since the fucking sixties, and our worst in my life time, but we still have 2 FA Cups to show for it and they have absolutely nothing. That shit is hilarious and I love it, because I know that any Spurs fan I know would trade several of their finishes above us for a single, solitary FA Cup in a heartbeat. They’re utterly desperate to win something proper.

I remember when we finished in the top four and ahead of Spurs every year from 09 to 14, but the main thing that I really, truly feel fondly about from that period when I reminisce is the FA Cup win, not that we did decently in the league and finished above Spurs (nice as those things were).

5 Likes

Remember when we finished above them in 2016 when they were in a 2 horse race with Leicester?

1 Like

That’s a completely fair post, a lot comes down to the particular clubs needs and for Spurs that’s a trophy.

For us now, it certainly is a highly competitive league season moving forward.

1 Like

Yes, I do, though I’m not sure if there’s an angle behind you asking me that though, or if you’re just taking an opportunity to laugh at Spurs? Haha

No chance. I’ve said for a while now I’ll re-visit my stance on Arteta after (roughly) third of next season and see how we’re tracking. That’s just about long enough to get a good read on it.

2 Likes

Haha I’m just laughing at Spurs this time. You’re safe from my sharp tongue this morning… so far :grin:

1 Like

Definitely take our last 5 years over Spurs because of the FA Cups, but the best actual team from either side was definitely them in 16-17, it just amounted to nothing and then they started to decline.

1 Like

I was strongly Arteta Out during our early season relegation battle and after his conflicts with Ozil, Saliba and Guenduzi.

I think he’s turned it around somewhat with the better form and maybe he does just need to form the type of players and attitudes he wants. Part of me still thinks he’s a bit of a shitshow though, so I’m divided

2 Likes

They wish they’ll land potter.

Hopefully it will be Parker.

2 Likes

After that they could go for Peter Taylor :blush:

Parker Potter Taylor Spy

3 Likes

Should just give the job to Ledley King IMO. Obviously I’m not serious, but I don’t know why they didn’t give it to him in the interim. He is an assistant coach there and surely more qualified than Mason.

Apparently King refused managerial work once Prince died.

4 Likes

If Ryan gets the sack will he become a Freemason.

11 Likes

His Son was so Heung.

4 Likes

I thought he drove Lloris?

3 Likes

I think he’s Mora bus driver than anything.

2 Likes

Enough of the Lamela puns already

3 Likes

Yep - I’ll fund it and CEO it down here.

1 Like