Scum

16/17 is the best that Spurs will ever be, 86 points and a GD of +60 scoring 86 and conceding 26, that’s a very good football side.

5 Likes

Thats the only time I was worried for a bit. Actively supporting Chelsea to win games in the spring of 17 just to be sure :face_vomiting:

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

I wonder why the interviewer didn’t ask him about the horrific injury to his eye and how he managed to carry on playing.

1 Like

I didn’t realize people were that bothered by the Son incident. That was a clear foul and I don’t think Son overreacted there. He got hit in the eye there. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They talked about it on MOTD and even Jenas said it wasn’t intentional by the Man U player.
Some of the pundits were saying that faking an injury is becoming a normal part of the game and it’s becoming more cynical.
But it was more to do with him lying on the floor, doing a Harry Kane, that annoyed most people.

Sure, it wasn’t intentional. But he got hit in the eye and that’s a foul still.
There’s nothing wrong with staying down after getting hit in the eye. You can actually lose your eye with eye injuries.
I don’t get why they’re calling him a cheater.

Intentional or not, it was a foul and probably should have been a yellow card. McTominay hit him in the face with his hand.

Frankly, the ref fucked it up by not blowing the whistle more quickly. Once he lets play continue and United score a goal, I don’t really blame Son for staying down a bit longer in order to milk the situation and make sure that the ref actually took a look at the VAR. He’s not trying to get somebody sent off for something they didn’t do or win a penalty that wasn’t earned, he is just trying to get the correct decision because it was an obvious foul.

Well he was mainly trying to get a goal chalked off more than anything.

Heard the same when Modric and Bale left.
They have good academies and I think they’ll know how to spend their money wisely.

Mourinho doesn’t get enough rep for shaping great squads. He has an incredible eye for talent and winners. If you give him the funds he’ll shape you a squad that’ll last you the next decade.

I’m hoping you are secretly Daniel Levy.

6 Likes

Would have been a Mourinhista if I wasn’t obsessed with Arsenal.
Hope he fucks off England soon and I can start supporting him properly.

I agree.
They have lost big players before and have still done ok.
Even when Kane and Son are injured they always seem to adapt without them.
They also get decent managers that get the best out of the players they have.

It’s true, he has shaped great squads but for a lot more money than spurs have got.

Does Poch become a lesser manager now he’s at PSG with money too burn then?

Spurs have a large enough revenue base now with the new stadium that they won’t be able to fall too far. But they are probably headed for a cycle of mediocrity like we have been experiencing, whether Kane leaves or not.

There just isn’t a lot of young talent at the club. They don’t have a very strong academy compared to other top six sides and the young talent (ie, 23 and under) in the first team is probably the worst of any of those sides as well. Of the young prime age players (ie, 24-25), most have seen their careers take disappointing trajectories in the last year or two (N’Dombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Winks), with the exception of Reguilon. But Madrid will likely buy him back.

Beyond Kane and Son, I’m not sure there is anybody at the club who you can point to and say “That guy is, or has a good chance of becoming, a truly top level player.” And in the end you need truly top level players to have a top level team.

1 Like

He’s a top manager wherever he goes, with or without money to spend, it’s just a shame it wasn’t us.

1 Like

That hasn’t been established yet. Long way before he’s in Mourinho category.

1 Like

This is true too.

The Poch Ness Monster is just more likeable :blush:

It’s a myth.

1 Like

That would make for a great pochumentary.

3 Likes