Scum

Yeah just looked up who Bale has scored against and it’s mainly shit like Wycombe and Stoke in the cups. And then LASK in the EL, plus two more in the EL against Wolfsberger - who I think are the worst team I have ever seen in the knockout round of the Europa League, which is a massive achievement given how shit the EL is.

I don’t think Bale has looked good this season, yesterday was obviously his best game - but before that the bar was low.

Likewise Pepé has only really come into his own recently. Hopefully it’s more than just a purple patch. But either way, I’m not really going to come out and bat strongly for either of them.

4 Likes

Quietly Productive season equates to licking balls.

Some great reaching there.

Just starting a conversation, and no one cares about stat padding in relation to pepe so what does it matter.

1 Like

You love bale and hate pepe. That’s ok.

Hate bale, I don’t hate pepe at all, just a frustrating player.

All in all the Bale loan has been disappointing for Spurs thus far, stat padding against garbage has happened but true influence hasn’t been what they’re after. He does have a chance to rectify that if he can remain healthy for the rest of the campaign though.

Hope Bale never scores again tbh

4 Likes

Nah I like him, I just wish if he scores 3 they concede 4 or more

1 Like

Bale has had an easy ride so far. His output in the context of his cost has been way, way below par.

Then he scores a couple of goals and suddenly Spurs are back in the title race, you can never rule Jose out, watch out they have the best attack in the world blah blah blah

2 Likes

His G/A per minute have never really been bad even after downfall. But he hasn’t played more than like 2,000 mins in 5+ years and that’ll likely be true again. Availability was always an important factor when judging the acquisition.

3 Likes

I hope he doesn’t score against us.

tbf, Spurs didn’t loan Bale for him to be slightly better than Pepe. He was meant to be the 3rd piece in a solid top 4 front three and team.

He’s been a disappointment.

1 Like

Not saying he’s been good, like someone else said he hasn’t played over 2k minutes since 2016, I just didn’t realise he had 8 goals 3 assists regardless of opposition that’s alright.

We lost against Burnley this season, so it’ll be good for them if he does start turning up like he did at the weekend.

Also a loan crocked player doing slightly better than your direct rivals 72 mil record signing would be a steal.

1 Like

Yeah I suppose that’s the other way of looking at it from our side.

Bale never scoring again includes not scoring against us, just to clarify

2 Likes
8 Likes

@shamrockgooner 6-0!

3 Likes

It does feel like 86 years since we seen such a scorelines.

Wish pepe could’ve done the same today ;(

Had to :wink:

5 Likes

Should have been given the whole 90 to try. :santi:

2 Likes