Scum

Would love to laugh at Tottenham and Mourinho but just don’t feel like it. Yeah, it’s good that they’re having a shit season but I just feel hollow laughing at them when we are as bad if not worse.

4 Likes

They don’t but Mourinho has a history of losing the dressing room because of unhappy players and spurs have had a few decent players in recent seasons that have been tempted elsewhere.

If a club offered good money or either Kane or Son, I’m sure Levy would consider it, rather than having an unhappy player, like he did with the Eriksen situation.

Can not relate.

I prefer to separate the two things. Laughter is the best medicine. The day I stop laughing at a Spurs shit show will be the day I die.

4 Likes

That’s kind of my point about them being in a bad spot. Who’s offering “good” money for them? It’ll be a version of RVP to United for peanuts if they do sell. Then they won’t have enough money to fund a Mourinho rebuild because he only likes working with older players. Or they make the decision to just keep both until their deals run out and not even get a fee. They’re so fucked.

2 Likes

Spurs are spiralling yet we still won’t finish above them, instead of it being a top 4 race both teams are fighting to finish top half… the state of these 2 clubs.

2 Likes

Eh, who cares. I’ll still laugh at them. This is supposed to be the core of their best team ever with their superstar manager and he’s ruining their finances and wasting the peak years of guys like Kane and Son.

Ahhhhhh to think this season was to be their best and this is definitely our worst and they are above us by a point - levels :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Love this guy. Hope he stays there for a long time.

1 Like

He has to try justify his £15m a year somehow lol

12 Likes

They thought they could sneak into big club status and appoint Jose but forgot that he ruins basically every club he goes to. The only question is if you’re willing to trade a short term hit for long term disfunction. United won two trophies with him and he left a huge mess. He left a mess at Chelsea both times which they spent their way out of. Hell, he even left Madrid in a bit of a mess. He’s done at the top level and it’s so nice to see.

1 Like

They’ll win the League cup and that’s their day in the sun.
Paper over the cracks but everyone will be happy enough.

This is my fear, too.

Even for a tinpot trophy like the League Cup, it’s a big ask for Man City to retain it for the 4th season in a row.

1 Like

Law of averages. Domestically City have only lost to Wigan over about 7 finals.
Spuds have lost about 4 straight now. So yeah I tip them to get this done.

2 Likes

They might not be that happy when they’re playing in that third rate new European competition next season as a result of winning the League Cup, though.

Benfica and Juventus would love for this to be true ;).

Think City will roll them over tbh.

Pep won’t allow Mourinho to have another win on him

1 Like

That’s not quite how the law of averages works mate. All of those events have happened, and the percentage chance of winning remains the same every time. So if City has 10-30% chance of beating City, they’re still a big underdog.

Plus Spurs kind of had the upshot of law of averages when they put City out in the CL.

Well it’s not an exact science though as Wigan have 3 cup wins over city in this era.

1 Like