Scum

I can appreciate he’s s good player but I think I’m maybe just going off CAMs abit, Ozil was my favourite player but I’ve decided to admit you can live without them.

When Spur’s are good maybe that’s the case but the reality is Spur’s have been really bad in the latter half of this season and even at the start their attack had lacked cohesion.

Everything they do is clutch as fuck, you just watch them praying that something comes off for Son, Moura or the ball drops kindly for Kane. Or better yet Kane gets a contentious penalty that you just know he’s going to score.

I just don’t see it man as long as Spur’s keep their wide players and Kane they can use the money to build a more stable midfield than Sissoko, Winks/Dyer and I think they’d come out the other end stronger. Much like Liverpool when they sold their luxury player in Coutinho.

@Cristo I see you trying to downvote my comments

You can live without them sure which is why the likes of Silva, KDB and Eriksen have had to adapt.

They’ve become much more hard working and able to effectively play in different areas of the team whether it be out wide or centrally, if Eriksen was a luxury like Özil he simply wouldn’t play anywhere near as minutes as he does for them.

Özil on the other hand is either unwilling or unable to adapt which is why his career is on the slide with no takers and Erikesen is being quoted at up to £100mil or more.

5 Likes

No argument from me in the Ozil front but I still don’t think Eriksen is a 100 million pound player. KDB yes, Eriksen no. I see all those attributes you mentioned when I watch KDB play but honestly not so much with Eriksen.

I feel Eriksen does well to get away without criticism, can you imagine if Ozil played like him in the CL final, I legit didn’t even realize he was playing for like half an hour.

I guess we’ll see once he makes his step up but with a price tag will come expectation, something that Spur’s players are entirely neglected off in the British media.

Eriksen isn’t great, but I bet they get a good price for him.

This is just it. As @InvincibleDB10 said, Spurs commendably get other clubs to pay out of their arse for their prized assets. We can’t

1 Like

I read that they want £140m :rofl:

Eriksen is gods gift to the danish people. Just because his surname is flaccid and bland and just because he is half bald doesnt mean he cant create magic moments with his feet.

Criminally underrated player and fantastic news for everyone who hate Spuds.

5 Likes

With 1 year left on his contract and he’s already stated he wants to leave?! Any team (Real Madrid I’m looking at you) would be stupid to pay over £70m and even that feels too high. If Madrid do want him, they should dangle Ceballos in Tottenham’s periphery.

EDIT: Madrid have so much deadwood. Isco, James and Bale immediately come to mind.

1 Like

There won’t be a bidding war if Madrid make themselves his only destination. Could see them wrangling it down to more like 50m. Spurs are weak and can’t let that kind of money walk.

Not taking the money for Sanchez to try and save face as a big club is about the worst financial decision this club made in a long time.

I doubt Madrid are even desperate. If I was them I’d tap him up good for a pre-contract in January and spend all my money on Hazard, or throw them a waster in exchange. CL final should make Spurs a respectable destination for any Madrid cast-off.

4 Likes

This is great news.
Eriksen is a key player for Pochettino.
He plays in almost every game and is rarely substituted.
If he isn’t adequately replaced, and spurs don’t strengthen significantly, I can see Pochettino getting fed up with them and maybe looking elsewhere.

Aren’t Spurs signing Lo Celso to replace Eriksen?

Yeah they need to celso they can afford to replace him

16 Likes

I don’t think this will hurt spurs as much as people think, I said losing Coutinho won’t hurt Liverpool as long as they spend the money well and I feel much the same about this situation.

Spurs will need to sign a creative midfielder with the money and they’ll also be able to strengthen another area on the pitch.

Spurs with or without Eriksen will still be better than us next season

4 Likes

Don’t think Tim Sherwood will do as good as Pochettino in his second spell as manager Dave

You are trying so hard. And it clealy works. Credit to you big man :bellend:

1 Like
8 Likes

Wow he’s got everything in one tweet. Fair play to him :joy::joy::joy: :clap:

2 Likes

I think he’s routinely inconsistent and I’ve made a point of posting numerous complaints about his inconsistency from Spurs fans over the years.

Much like Coutinho he escaped criticism from the British press because he had the tendency to show up with a screamer or an important goal in big games. But when these guys play at bigger clubs or different environments it becomes more prominent.

He’s a good player but I think his all round game is overrated and I genuinely don’t think there’s close to a £100m+ player in there.

Any club that forks out over £60m for him is going to feel extremely hard done by when they see this.

1 Like

100mil hehe.

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just buy out his contract no?

1 Like