Santi Cazorla

Given some of the defenders at the club (not you Tierney, Gabriel, White or Chambers) I wonder whether Santi would have made it off the training pitch these days.

5 Likes

I notice people loved His 2014 to 2016 seasons when he played deeper and We seemed to lose a lot of games without him. I think his debut season got overshadowed because of Bale or Suárez or RVP or Mata were Phenomenal . Imaige if we kept RVP with Giroud and Podolski back ups with Walcott scoring 20 goals that season as well.Cazorla 12/13 was superb, . 12 goals and 12 assists is one phenomenal return in a debut season, top of my head he took no pens. Put on a show with Diaby at Anfield. Was also 14/15 when he was CM was brilliant, We missed him big time the after that.

9 Likes

He’s the best player we’ve had since Cesc left.

(Won’t add that judas RVP)

2 Likes

Look how much money we spent these years…

In terms of transfer fees and what we get in return, the year we got Cazorla, Giroud and Poldi (all about 10m mark) were the best.

He was better than all three of those players. Sanchez was the closest.

3 Likes

In terms of pure output I think Alexis was the best, but Santi was just an absolute magician the way he could make us tick and particularly when he went to that deeper role in his final couple of seasons. I’d easily put him above Ramsey and Ozil personally.

3 Likes

Easy champions in 2016 if we had an ounce of injury luck and Santi was fit for the entire season.

1 Like

You make your own luck with good squad preparation. We cheap skated out and got what we deserved, we were so desperate to convey our image of the poor little football club we literally turned ourselves into genuine peasants both domestically and in Europe.

4 Likes

You left out the part about being the only club in Europe that didn’t sign an outfield player that summer.

4 Likes

Summer 2015

Our entire business in 2015/16 for the full year. Shit like this is why some people tend to think that the last few years have been some kind of crazy financial injection. The reality is it’s just normal business for a big club, nothing too extreme either way.

We could have easily been spending 100 million back in these days and I’ll tell you one thing for sure, we wouldn’t be sitting playing catch up right now on the brink of being entirely irrelevant.

Wenger and his cultists have blood on their hands for years like this.

4 Likes

Blah blah blah. Lolpool had unprecedented luck with injuries for a two year period and did very well immediately after getting injuries they struggled to make top 4. You are so cute talking about bias and agenda and you have one of the most blatantly biased agendas on this forum lmaooooo :joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like

Blood on your hands brother.

1 Like

Derpppp. It’s not hard to understand tbh. We spent less compared to the other big clubs for reasons, so our squad wasn’t all that deep. Like I said if we’d been blessed with lolpools injury luck and not had any major injuries for a 24th month period we’d have won the league easily.

1 Like

Wenger and their club had their faults on not spending more/enough to make an extra push.
However, Wenger accomplished whatever he should have by what he had, most of the time.

1 Like

Yeh coming second in a no horse title race.

1 Like

Yes, coming 2nd was disappointed, but it was not like finishing 3rd, 4th, 5th or worse.
There is only ONE winner in all games… coming 2nd was no shame be honest.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the dumbest argument ever. Chelsea, City, Lolpool, the scum all had to compete with the same teams that seasons and all finished below us… And we shit on the champions 7 to 3 aggregate score that year. We were much better just injury ravaged, that’s the reality. Form whatever kinda dumb shit opinion based on ur bias tho @Castiel my dood lmaooo :grin::grin::+1::+1:

1 Like

Some people cannot be reasoned with

3 Likes