Santi Cazorla

Tbf though, Wenger moving him to CM was a piece of genius. In retrospect you’d have loved to see him playing in that position for a top club all his career. That amazing technique, two-footedness and dribbling in the middle of the pitch just has so much value at the top level, and if he had one major flaw it was probably his end product.

5 Likes

Tbf he always had a great rep in Spain.

Such a shame we got robbed of 3 seasons from this little magician due to the injuries.

5 Likes

The fact he could take freekicks with either foot depending on where the foul happened absolutely staggers me to this day. Fucking ridiculous.

His close control, touch, awareness and intelligence in the middle third of the pitch was utterly sublime.

From a technical point of view, only Cesc comes close to that level of ability. Hleb probably matches him on control / touch but nothing else.

Astoundingly gifted and a beautiful player to watch

7 Likes

Most players that leave Arsenal I’m like “meh” as to whatever they do.

Santi, I wish the best. Elevated the game to an art form, technical ability in spades and the heart of a lion. Damn shame with his injuries.

Glad that he is finding joy again with the game.

1 Like

Perfect Arsene type player, small, balanced, two footed who could play Wengerball !? Skills were ridiculous and an absolute joy to watch playing !?

1 Like

Baller (theres a video in the tweet which doesnt seem to embed)

5 Likes

Santi’s gone into the motor business here in Málaga apparently.

5 Likes

Oh Santi, I miss you too :pensive:

From this interview

17 Likes

We miss you too Santi :heart:

2 Likes

Santi :heart:

I will name my dog or child after you

Heck, both of them will be named ‘Santi Wenga’

Not as much as we miss Santi

13 Likes

Happy for him, really

:wenger2:

Perhaps my favorite smile in football.

1 Like

Wenger being sentimental again.

1 Like

3 Likes

Santi and Mikel recreating the Wenger Rice scenes from the end of season game against West Brom. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Mikel and Santi two of the our best midfielders the past 10 years. Non Stat DNA, all Arsene Wenger.

10 Likes