Rugby

Penrith have won 15 straight heading into finals @Stroller

So Rugby union premiership final Saturday. Wasps got 8 players with covid. Bristol on stand by if they fail testing Tuesday.
Absolutely ridiculous way too decide a season campaign.

1 Like

Melbourne Storm vs Penrith Panthers NRL Grand Final this weekend @Stroller

1 Like

Looking forward too it mate. I fancy the storm tbh.
Will there be any crowd for this now.

Yeah mate crowd will be in attendance as itā€™s not in Melbourne, just wonā€™t be full capacity. Should be a great game as Penrith have been awesome this season.

Carn the storm.

1 Like

Sometimes just hard too maintain that level for a final.
Pedigree of the storm might give you an edge. Hope itā€™s as good as last yearā€™s. Whenā€™s origin this year?

1 Like

Scheduled for November 4th and 18th mate.

1 Like

Weird having people discuss NRL on here haha.

I think the Storm will get it done on Sunday, they have looked excellent for the last 8 weeks or so. Penrith have looked a little vulnerable in their finals games thus far and I think if the Storm can keep it tight then itā€™ll be hard for Penrith to win. The Storm have been here so many times. I predicted the Panthers to fall to either Raiders or Storm in a final setting and backing that view still. But it would be nice if Penrith got up.

I donā€™t really like the Storm but Iā€™m a huge fan of Cam Smith, best player I have seen certainly in my 15 or so years of regular following and watching games, and itā€™s not even really close apart from maybe JT.

2 Likes

Also, surprised no post about Exeter becoming champions of Europe. What a result and could be a double if they get it done this weekend.

I really really rate George Williams. The Raiders were bang unlucky to lose Josh Hodgson for the season, but I think the control and quality of Williams meant the Raiders didnt suffer as much as they may have otherwise.ā€™

I always get excited when a halfback actually has an excellent short kicking game hahaha

1 Like

Heā€™s excelled in Australia. At Wigan he was held back from backing himself. Be interesting in the world cup next year if Wane lets him play like that. He surpressed that side of his game.

Yeah, thats what is most surprising is the few games I saw him with Wigan, he didnā€™t really stand out. But i knew he was quite young. Good on him for doing what more English players are doing and backing themselves to come over here and play their game and perform at the highest level.

The raiders have done a hell of a job with their Briitsh recruiting, it makes up a good part of their spine. Interesting to see how they cope with the loss of Bateman who is one of the best players in the game now.

Hope Luke Thompson can sort his head out at the Bulldogs. Honestly his speed for a big man is superb.
Really someone should be looking at Alex Walmsley at St. Helenā€™s as good and mobile and capable as any front rower in the world now.

Funnily enough, Iā€™m a dogā€™s fan and so have been seeing a bit of Thimpson this year. I think he will go well next year once he is actually settled in. Difficult to do much when the dogs have no quality spine players and our hookers are shit so no good early ball for raging forwards to run onto.

Iā€™ve heard Walmsley linked to us actually as well as the NRL in general, havent seen a lot of him though personally.

1 Like

Beat we ever had in my lifetime @Bavin

Six nations just doesnā€™t work without a crowd. Itā€™s all about the occasion and needs the colour and sound of the supporters.

One of these years I want to go to a six nations match at Murrayfield. Would be a great weekend in Edinburgh.

2 Likes

Even better go to one in Cardiff or Dublin.

It would be but I cba to leave Scotland. I donā€™t want to do it that much :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully by the time my 30th comes around in 2022 the world is a bit more normal as I have earmarked a weekend in Dublin :joy:

1 Like

Gimme a shout, Iā€™ll buy you a Guinness!

1 Like