Rugby

Kolbe siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

England got off to a flyer last week though. Had something to build on from the start.

Siya Kolisi first black captain of RSA to lift the world cup :wenger2:

Just saw that Mapimpi scored of all people :wenger2:

Thereā€™s your ā€œmerit basedā€ selections.

What a fucking moment. Hope this can help the nation continue to come together, and no excuses for more talented black boys to come through into the Springboks lineup.

Boks join the ABs on 3 WCs. And I think that feels right, the 2 rugby superpowers tied.

1 Like

Need Morgan Freeman to recite Invictus right now.

2 Likes

Scenes of black people actually celebrating Springboks Rugby in the streets of Port Elizabeth. :wenger2:

Amazing, when 20-30 years ago, theyā€™d support the opposition and the All-Blacks.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t expect that from England after the way they played in the semi final.

Couldā€™ve been different if they go over for the first try tho

Not nice to see but seeing England hurt sort of good to see it matters. I never sensed this when Arsenal lost to City or in Baku.
Hurting equates to caring for me. Then that has a lot to do with the ethos of both sports in someways I suppose.

2 Likes

Robbie Burrow rugby League great being diagnosed with motor neurone disease at 37.
Heartbreaking interview last night hearing a good man suffer this.
Legend that he is saying heā€™s going to meet it as a challenge.
Donated my Christmas bonus this morning. Absolutely gutted to see a good man be struck down by this. 5 foot 5 but a very big man.

4 Likes

yeah i saw the interview, tragic stuff.

1 Like

Them scenes yesterday at Leeds for Robbie Burrow and interview on BBC news this morning.
Sad and beautiful moments to witness.

Cā€™mon Scotland!!!

No idea why England still are trying to kick it in the middle of a storm :arteta:

62 minutes gone and still only 3-3 lowest scoring rugby match Iā€™ve watched!

Great win by Ireland today. Didnā€™t see that coming and donā€™t think Wales did either.

Wales were shite last weekend (as were Ireland) despite the score they ran in on Italy and I suspect they came into the game a bit cocky today.

Definitely didnā€™t think we had a bonus point win in us. Very interesting championship in the offing now.

1 Like

NRL resumes Thursday. Sky got all the games over four days. Week pass getting bought then.
@Aussiegooner kept to the date set then, when some thought it wouldnā€™t happen.

1 Like

Yeah, the fact the virus has been kept well under control has played a huge part in all this happening mate. Hoping the Melbourne Storm can have a good season.

1 Like

Great shirt the Storms. Had one of them when Adrian Morley was out there.

1 Like

Viewers through the roof for the NRL restart @Stroller, very disappointing start for the Melbourne Storm though.

1 Like

George Williams gone up a gear since he went to the Raiders. Great to see from an English stand point.

1 Like

Iā€™m still gutted for the Raiders in regards to the circumstances that saw them lose last seasons big one.

1 Like