Rugby World Cup 2023

Hattrick for Ford :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Only attempts for the argies, we’ve converted ours :wink:

Ford again :ok_hand:

1 Like

England have managed this game superbly.

2 Likes

Finally getting a try in the 80th minute. Fucking twats :joy:

Choirs singing the national anthems are pretty cool tbf.

Worked really well for Flower of Scotland but a few have been really bad.

3 Likes

Ah, first I’ve seen it tbh :joy:

Good to see VAR in this are just as clueless.

How that South African player wasn’t sent off for the head to head early in the first half :joy:

Fiji giving us quite the game right now, always expected to be fair the pacifoc teams are becoming so much better with every year we face them.

Its so refreshing to see “VAR” that works, that is streamlined and so quick. So used to this shite PL system, the rugby system is far superior.

Gutting ending for the Fijians there. Missed a good bit of the game but they are just so good and exciting to watch. So unlucky but those two bonus points could be very useful.

Physical and strong as fuck too, that last 10 minutes had me on the edge of my seat.
They deserved more to be fair but I’m glad they didn’t :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700940427182977438

Slow mo of both tackles

Curry

1. Player is in the air and just lands as an on-rushing curry higher than the player hits head on head and gashes
  2. Player is coming down, so cannot change direction, Curry is moving forwards, so is liable for the contact.
  3. both players go down and require stitches, so head impact is significant (and responsibility for that is on Curry).

Kriel

1. The head contact is not much more than a touch or graze of heads, not a clash, the impact is minimal
  2. Kriel is coming from below Dempsey. Kriel is static and not moving forward. Dempsey shifts angle into Kriel to avoid Kolisi
  3. Kriel doesn’t make a tackle as such, he uses his hands to cushion impact/push him away, and then biggest impact is chest on chest. Head impact is minimal, neither player even breaks stride afterwards
  4. Video looks more like Kriel trying to avoid collision as opposed to causing it

Curry is appealing but I don’t expect the review board to over-rule

Edit: I see the video has now been taken down :roll_eyes:

1 Like

tbh I have absolutely no clue about rugby was only going off what the commentators were saying :joy:

1 Like

The Aussie’s in trouble here :arteta4:

Bula vinaka!! Huge win for Fiji!! Huge game for them next week vs Wales now

Wallabies lol

England looking shit

Try!!! Wahey

Japan playing some good stuff despite a number of handling errors.

Just as I post, England get it over the line.

Great to see Marler still playing the game at International level. Used to see him around my club, and played alongside his dad for a couple of seasons.