Robin van Persie

Absolutely not. Fuck that guy. Could have gone anywhere. He chose United. He knew what he was doing. He should at least own being a weasel.

2 Likes

It was reported at the time his choices were City, United and Juventus. Juventus 2012 doesn’t had the same reputation as Juventus now as top club reborn. Easy choice at that time if those three are your options tbh.

1 Like

Why United had long since been a rival. Henry went to Barcelona claiming once a gunner always a gunner bollocks.

1 Like

He probably should of gone to City. Not a traditional rival of Arsenal and he would of won more. Going to United with the way the wind was blowing was very short sighted.

1 Like

Just because we were no longer competitive didn’t stop them being a traditional rival. Leeds United are Man United rival too despite not winning anything for 23 years

1 Like

Well I’d rather he went to United than city. I despise city and hate all this adopting them as our saviour shit. That’s just me though.

4 Likes

Fair enough tbh Career wise I think City was the better move

1 Like

It’s strange, I remember City being strongly disliked around that time they were knabbing our key players and were clearly fucking up the market. What changed?

2 Likes

A lot of stuff here that I’ve never seen before tbh. Showed more quality in his first year than I though.
Pretty amazing footwork and insane skills at times. Damn… Imagine the times we had guys like him and Reyes breaking through, fighting for their place… Nowadays you’d kill to have guys like that in the starting XI. Damn I just miss having actual good players in the team. Players that are fun to watch.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people don’t remember his first two seasons because he was a squad player in those years. Bergkamp was obviously still getting his minutes and Reyes got the nod over van Persie often times. If Reyes doesn’t leave van Persie might not even become what he became.

I remember his second season very well… Also his national team performances during that year, he was really one od the best players, flying on the right wing.

Thinking about his early years I can never help myself but to think it’s was such a massive shame, from a neutral football standpoint, with all the injuries he had. Yeah, he managed to become the best players in the legaue, but with a severely damaged body. Obviously lost a ton of acceleration and balance he had in earlier years, became kinda harmless when taking people on facing them. He’d be an absolutely insane player if he only managed to retain the athleticism of his earlier years, combined with the tactial knowledge, experience and movement that improved over the years.

1 Like

I think his transition from a support striker to an actual number 9 also changed his style a bit. He became a lot bulkier etc. But even with people in front of him he could score out of literally every position in those two seasons. His finishing was out this world in those years really.

5 Likes

One of my favourite Arsenal players :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I think most people think anyone apart from spurs, Man U or Chelsea is preferable.

Liverpool got good again and messed with everyone’s mind.

1 Like

Fuck him.

3 Likes

After the Lampard/Gerrard generation another generation who starts it’s coaching journey. He signed as an assistant coach for the u-16 and first team coach at Feyenoord. Time goes by way to quickly.

1 Like

Bhag

1 Like

Yes happy birthday. Cunt.

2 Likes