Robin van Persie

This speaks VOLUMES about the direction of the club at that time, probably now too.

They never cared about the trophies (CL and PL) and some proper success on the pitch. It was all about getting the top 4 and keeping the “numbers” nice and tight. And sadly Wenger followed that and was content with it.

2 Likes

How healthy is the club now, dumbfuck arrogant pricks

2 Likes

The alliance welcomes you.

5 Likes

2 Likes

100% truth. RvP :two_hearts:

1 Like

And then he did under a proper manager.

1 Like

Happy to be part of such a worthy cause

Give her the batch @shamrockgooner

Only if officially requested.

Meh, irrelevant cunt.

5 Likes

How many times is he gonna change his story?

4 Likes

Doesn’t need to change last part of winning the title.

1 Like

1 Like

RvP lifting the title with United hurt, but this led to Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement and a 7 year spell where United haven’t come close to winning the league again.

Lewandowski was the player I wanted us to replace RvP with. If RvP went to Juve, I could easily see United going after Lewandowski. United not getting Lewa gives me a degree of comfort.

Not bringing back Cesc on the other hand…

1 Like

He was one of the top strikers in Europe and he wanted us to show the same ambition as him and be successful by investing in players.
But rather than buy world class players, we sold the few that we had and he was lied to by the club.

As a club we had a choice…
You either fill your team full of players like RVP, who is successful because he is a winner. or you accumulate a team full of complacent, mentally weak players, with a loser mentality, like we are seeing now.

I know what I’d prefer.
He did what he had to do and he got what he deserved, a PL title.

As for leaving us, he was proved it was the right decision, just like it was for all the other top quality players that left us to go to more ambitious and successful clubs.

Players with a loser mentality stay at Arsenal, either for the money or for an easy ride.
True winners with ambition leave to become successful.

There is a culture of complacency at this club which has seen us fall way behind our rivals.

5 Likes

:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

Literally all the top players we had left and went on to win the title with their new clubs. City, Chelsea, United. And I don’t blame them for one bit.

Arsenal could have competed, but instead went as you said for absolute average and below average players further damaging our club and we are now where we are because of it.

4 Likes

What I love most about van Persie’s insistence on dredging up the past every few months is that I get to hear the same old takes on van Persie from Arsenal fans all over again. They were super interesting and insightful eight years ago and I can honestly say that’s definitely, 100% still true now. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of reading these opinions.

8 Likes

At least BradyMagic isn’t around anymore

2 Likes

What do you mean, his takes were the most super interesting.

If only the finances allowed us to make the likes of ozil and Sanchez type signings a few years earlier. RVP probably gets convinced to stick around. All ifs and buts. His fall from grace was another quick one following the one year he had under Fergie.