Rob Holding

The Tomi injury skews things because we’re short at RB depth, White would be considered to back up RCB. Certainly White would be better than any potential back up we bring in to “replace” Holding.

I think we need a new RB more than anything

7 Likes

Tbf to White, he’s done very well at RB this season. Very rarely do we see ourselves exposed down the right flank, though Saka contributing defensively could also have helped this.
Though I think a more natural RB would certainly add another dimension to our game. Sell Holding, keep White as a CB/RB cover(will get plenty games throughout the season in those two slots combined) and bring in a young prospect to replace Holding. Though even if we end up keeping Holding as our 4th choice CB, it won’t be the end of the world.

Bit harsh. That’s like saying Monet was a competent painter. I think at points White has been the best RB in the league.

He’s 23 and cost about 20m…not a thing to be gained from a loan.

That would still be a perfectly cromulent statement and not in fact harsh.

1 Like

To say Rob is our weakest link, Kiwoir is even unproven with less experience.
Age is just a number, especially for CB.
Coming back at 24/25 is not bad, if he is up to the standard.

Why do you hate Monet? :santi:

We’ve just gotten him and apparently we beat serious competition to do so. Doubt he goes anywhere, even on loan.

1 Like

Nah can’t see that happening, he’s a left footed CB and seems to be a clear backup for Gabriel due to that. I don’t think him and Holding cover the same role in Arteta’s system.

Think it’s more likely we get another RCB or another RB.

2 Likes

Looked awful all game. Terrible player.

1 Like

Cost us top 4 and the title in consecutive seasons well done Rob :clap:

3 Likes

A Wenger STAT DNA signing costing us the title. WENGER OUT

Just wait until he comes back next season to cost us a place in the CL knock out rounds.

As I said, a liability. Can’t believe we had some posters justifying his performances of late. This isn’t a family friendly club. It’s a football club, expectation is to perform and deliver. He’s failed to deliver as a rotational defender. Horrible performance.

I get it he’s shit, but what did he do today to be receiving blame?

3 Likes

Holding cost us? Did he give away the penalty by shitting the bed?

Holding is an issue but the rest of the team continue to make foolish decisions and he gets the blame

Easy scapegoat

1 Like

Didnt do anything horrendously wrong but feel like he really scuppers our build up, just so slow and awkward and it invites pressure.

Made a mistake on the Antonio chance by coming out so far to Cresswell and not being successful with it.

4 Likes

He’s so slow and laboured with the ball at his feet. Really should be dropped for that reason alone.

for who though

Ben White plays as the CB. Play Walters or Partey at right back.