Rob Holding

Don’t think so. 15-20 games a season here. He’ll be happy enough another couple of seasons.

1 Like

I think Villa can offer him better money than we would too.

After the shit he pulled last season I’d be happy to see the back of him

1 Like

Have to replace him though.

We are a bit tight in defence.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to see Holding sold…I think as a backup CB he is still a good option and have been impressed with his attitude given the limited game time. Clearly loves the club too, but in the right way. ‘Keep’ for me!

Replacing him with a left footer to back up Gabriel makes a lot of sense if we have a player in mind and can get him for a reasonable price. Tricky this late in the window though.

1 Like

not even a consideration…

Holding is not good enough as starter, but good enough to be 4th or 5th CB

need to keep him as squad player

3 Likes

Holding is the kind of player we need to keep around.

Would only sell him for £25m or more as it will leave us short.

3 Likes

I think it’s a little late to fill such an important position. If this were earlier in the summer I would have said absolutely.

2 Likes

I’d sell him for £20m or more

Get him gone if the offer is good. Nowhere near good enough. Probably a nice guy, but I get palpations when he starts against a decent team and still have nightmares about that NLD.

An experienced left sided CB would be ideal.

Spare a thought for poor Callum Chambers!

Tells you all you need to know when people are partially skewed on this potential transfer. I’d like to keep him simply for depth of numbers, however if Villa are offering £20M+ kind of money, I think we should be considering this.

We’ll stand to make a few Bob on him at least :vinai:

After watching All or Nothing, you realise what an important player and character Rob Holding is to have around.
He has bought in completely to the project, is fully behind the manager and the club in what they are doing.
He comes in and does a good job. We must keep him.

1 Like

Holding isn’t a huge concern in the squad, a bit like El Nenny, but if you get a good offer, it makes sense to move him on.

Villa have Konsa, Chambers and Mings already. Does Holding definitely start there?

If he leaves I doubt very much we’ll sign a replacement.

The whole reason the guy that is now injured was signed was because Gerrard did fancy Mings and Konsa as his CB’s

Do you not think it could be that Carlos is a lot better than both? Mings was Gerrard’ captain last season, so he must be rated somewhat you would think.

Mings was already captain before Gerrard arrived. Think he always intended to replace him just not an action to take a few weeks into a job.

Hence why be won’t leave. :grin:

I think the club will certainly consider if a serious offer came in but then I doubt Villa would make an offer like that an not look at cheaper alternatives.

Respect for consistently seeing the game out for us when leading.

3 Likes