Rob Holding

Bench quality…
Totally don’t understand how he got the captain’s armband

No. In the grand scheme of things it didn’t change much.

When you say grand scheme, do you mean 100 years?
In that case, I agree.

If you mean 99 years, get your math right buddy.

It was tomfoolery and it very likely cost us that game. Some can blame him for missing out on Top 4 but ultimately we had enough games outside of that NLD to decide that.

2 Likes

Not really. I’ve barely thought about the man unless it’s related to the hairline redemption.

The issue was partly with management. They gave him a role that he was destined to fail at. The scouting report probably said that you want Son to play with his back to goal or something.

1 Like

No, having any of that.
Rob knows he is on a yellow card and even he is instructed to be aggressive with Son, he executed one of the most blatant foul on him.

This is not related to the role or tactics. This was a pure brainfart and a costly one at that.

I think the second yellow was stupid(bonehead actually) but clearly from his actions all game he was instructed to mark Son very tight.
Holding doesn’t strike me as someone who would act on his own like that until he got off, and if Arteta wanted him to stop that he would be shouting at him like a maniac, like he usually does.

1 Like

A little bit column A, a little bit column B.

See GC’s post above

1 Like

I don’t rate Holding one little bit, but there were a series of fluffed opportunities to land top 4 towards the tail end of the season and Holding didn’t start most of them.

Nah Conte was always gonna out manage arteta so red or no the scum were gonna win. We still had a lead for 4th and blew it against newcastle. It wasnt down to one bad decision as to why we missed out on 4th. By the way no use to get mad about it when the club came out and said top 4 would have been overachieving, so clearly the ppl at the club dont even really care that we missed out on top 4, so why should you?

1 Like

I never think about this at all. Most of the time I forget this guy even exists. You need to get out more :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I was unfortunate enough to be at the game, and no, I dont think about it all.
Same with Palace A, Southampton A, Newcastle A. Was at them all and I dont think about any of them.

2 Likes

I wasn’t, but now I am, so thanks for that.

4 Likes

I would prefer keeping him but if a good offer comes in I can see him requesting Arsenal to consider it.

1 Like

We need atleast 4 CB’s in the squad, maybe even 5 would be ideal. It’s such a special position and hard to cover for anyone else in the team. I understand if he would want to leave though, since he won’t get that many minutes outside the cups. But I’d like to keep him until the end of the season.

1 Like

Ideally I would’ve liked him being that 5th emergency CB.

1 Like

Edu: “We’re willing to considering selling Rob if a suitable offer comes in…”

Villa: “How about a free transfer?”

Edu: “SOLD!”

8 Likes

Let him go.

If needed we can go to a back 3 with Tierney

You mean our chronically injured LB?

1 Like

He gets injured because he plays to much. I think this season due to Zinchenko he won’t get injured as much