Rob Holding

I was tempted by how cheap he was but went for Bellerin earlier this season instead lol

I just kept thinking he wouldnā€™t be first choice, but I guess he is now? Gabriel to come in for Luiz then?

Iā€™d say so, given how many starts Holding has been given. Seems like Arteta really likes him.

Just buy Tierney you tight bastard :joy:

2 Likes

The true test of Holding and our supposed defensive improvement will be seen in the next few weeks against some tougher opposition.

1 Like

Really, really bad today. His passing disastrous and his defending even worse.
Absolutely no excuse for him.

He just isnā€™t that good, I havenā€™t got caught up in the hyperbole

3 Likes

Another one who got his contract, itā€™s all good.

Hopefully we sell on the back of the contract renewal

100th Arsenal appearance today.

1 Like

He might make it to 200 if Arteta can hang around for a few years.

2 Likes

He was actually alright tonight tbf. One time he and Bellerin got rinsed but otherwise held the line well.

Excellent performance from Holding tonightā€¦future captain materialā€¦

I think generally heā€™s looked like a solid to good centre back for sometime now and perfectly well deserving of a starting place. At the price we paid for him heā€™s looked like a good buy.

Think Gabriel and Mari look solid too. Luiz always has a few more horrid errors in him although has mostly been ok lately.

The central defence seems much more solid than a few years back. Just hope Tierney fit again soon.

Our current CB options are fine for a club thatā€™s happy to finish 5th-10th every season, but letā€™s not lose sight of the fact what weā€™re really striving for as fans.

2 Likes

You may well be right although we currently have the 4th best defence in the league if you look at goals conceded.

This maybe due to a defensive playing style rather than the personnel but Iā€™m just grateful that the players seem to be a notch up on whatā€™s been a big weakness for us in recent years. Personally Iā€™d rate them in the 4th to 8th best but Iā€™m perhaps splitting hairs here.

Think the much bigger problem has been offensively. Willian has been horrific, Auba having a poor season, Pepe has struggled mostly and the midfield has missed Partey with his injuries. Back ups like Eddie not been good enough.

1 Like

Agree with everything you just said in that post tbh.

I think he was brilliant today. Solid performances lately. Doesnā€™t get enough credit.

1 Like

Agree. Motm for me. Won everything that came near him.

2 Likes

Holdini

2 Likes