RIP Diego Maradona

Holy shit!

RIP to the GOAT.

Fuck all the rest. Maradona was the best

5 Likes

Pal, can you send the link out?

Thanks

By the way, he is always THE BEST for me.

When you think about it, he did marvelous to reach the age he did when you think of the lifestyle choices his fortune allowed him to indulge in.

1 Like

Wow just saw this thatā€™s crazy rip an icon

1 Like

Definitely big news to drag you away from politics, mate :wink:

1 Like

The Greatest player to ever grace the game. He was my dadā€™s favorite player but retired just as I started following the game but seeing his replays, he was unbelievable. R.I.P :pray: :pray:

R.I.P

Itā€™s on YouTube Ron. Just put in Diego Maradona film.

2 Likes

ok, thanks

1 Like

R. I. P

Titan of the game and 60 is still young, leaves behind one of the true unparalleled legacies in football.

Respect Diego.

4 Likes

He was just the fucking best. There is no debate about his greatness. As much as I consider Messi the best on longevity, I donā€™t think anybody will ever be able to duplicate what Maradona did at his peak.

I could watch this titan of the game play a thousand times and never get bored of what he could do with the ball at his feet. To be so great against legendary defenders, and to be so dominant in a sport that was so far from being the uneven sport that it is today is mesmerising.

5 Likes

He was 60.

My favorite player as a kid. Could put the ball on a dime anywhere on the pitch.

Incredible WC in '86 and absolutely carried Argentina to the '90 Final despite being injured.

RIP, Diego. You were the man and in the top 5 all-time, imo.

EDIT: If you havenā€™t seen it, the HBO documentary on Diego is entertaining.

5 Likes

People have dined out for years on his appearance at world cups and crazy lifestyle . I just see an incredibly sad man.

1 Like

Yep. Itā€™s actually upsetting that you could genuinely see that he was lost and empty in every public appearance but people loved it. He was Hollywood until the end.

2 Likes

Hopefully for a few days we can focus on his greatness. Be dominated here with the handball I suppose. Well tabloid wise.

1 Like

The only player that I always afraid of, when playing against Germany.
RESPECT.

2 Likes

Did you see him at his peak bro?

Tim Vickery reckons heā€™s a victims of the covid lockdowns, in that he lost the discipline that coaching a football team gave him and lost his way with the drinking.

I started watching football in 1981, of course I did.
Thatā€™s why I said, he was and is the BEST.

1 Like

Amazing man. Iā€™d love to know how he was viewed in Germany at the time? Throughout the 80s - was it unanimous that he was the best of the decade?