Richarlison

If the Sterling or Raphinha moves don’t come to fruition, I wouldn’t be surprised.

60m for Richarlison…they have to be on crack or something.

It was £50m, but then Spurs threw Harry Winks in as well, so Everton increased it to £60m

8 Likes

i understand why…its more that richarlison is commanding that fee its friggin nuts in my mind.

Maybe I’m just completely wrong here but it feels like scouting is just going downhill now.

Lots of talk about how you don’t need scouting teams anymore you just need football manager and radars and videos, but then clubs and managers seem to consistently be going for players in their own leagues.

ETH loving Ajax, Conte loving the PL and Serie A, Arteta loving the PL. I know that’s always happened but you’d think if modern scouting was so great you’d be more willing to take risks on foreign based players if your analytics were so good. Such willingness to pay the PL tax by so many clubs.

1 Like

In the last year we’ve signed Vieira, Tomiyasu, Lokonga, and Nuno, all as under the radar players outside PL. Odegaard was a well known player but also outside PL when originally loaned.

1 Like

I think teams are willing to take risks but those teams are further down in the tiers. Look at Martinelli or Guendouzi.

You could even look at a guy like Raphinha. Went from a smaller club in Portugal to Sporting to Rennais to Leeds.

One of the things I wonder about things like the City model or RB model is that if you have a huge multi-club organization you can take more punts on guys for 6m or 7m get them into the system and shuffle them between clubs. You can have an outpost in Portugal and really mine the Portuguese-speaking market, move them to Austria or Italy or France and then eventually have them print money in England.

2 Likes

Announced before Jesus :joy:

We should announce Jesus right now and over shadow them.

Why the fuck do we always take so long to announce things? Its such a consistent thing for us. I get it if we are waiting a day or two here and there to coincide with specific days of the week or whatever but this is constant.

3 Likes

I’m delighted the scum are blowing 50-60m on this player. I just don’t think he’s all that good and they’re over paying.

Hope Kane and Son are gone soon leaving these boys in mid table where they deserve to be.

8 Likes

I half agree with you. But at the same time, he is the right profile of player for them. He can play with Kane and Son, but can also fill in for them. While I think they have over paid and I’m not jealous of the signing, I also don’t think it’s a bad signing per se.

7 Likes

After winning nothing at Everton, Richarlison has decided to continue winning nothing at Tottenham. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
4 Likes

He’s a total cunt but drowning him seems harsh

3 Likes

It’s the only way to discover whether he is a witch

1 Like

opposition players

That’s not entirely true there are many ways to check if someone is a witch. The witches mark, pricking them to see if they bleed. There’s actually quite the industry behind it

Drowning is my preferred method though

1 Like

In the US we call it “enhanced interrogation”

1 Like