Rennes - Arsenal (UEFA Europa League - Leg 1)

Rennes - Arsenal

Thu Mar 7 - 17:55
Roazhon Park
Europa League

Back into Europe this week. Totally different occassion. Hope we field a strong line-up, but I can imagine Emery will think about the Man Utd game on Sunday.

• Rennes win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win
  • Who cares, we should have beaten Spurs

0 voters

Destroy these farmers. I am raging.

1 Like

Aubameyang you owe us.

3 Likes

Rennes win because I’ve gone emo now.

1 Like

I’m not ready for another game yet. This shit is still raw

1 Like

I need destruction.

1 Like

:bellerin:

1 Like

A bit of rotation likely but we’ll make a better fist of it than in Belarus and should have the tie mostly won on the night.

Aubameyang will be wanting to get on the scoresheet and I hope he does so he can get over that pelanty shambles ASAP

Can see 3/4-0 to us.

Not 6? :eyes:

This will be harder then some think. Definitely rotate a few. Play Torreira, Ozil, Maitland Niles, Cech, Mustfi in this game. Give Kos or Sokratis a rest. No Laca is a big blow.

2-0 win would be nice. I’d like to finish this tie off in the first leg if we can. But Rennes have a few good players. So we need to be careful.

Nah. Broken man after today.

7 Likes

Play Leno in the Europa also now fuck it, can’t afford slow reflex Cech costing us, play our no 1 keeper.

2 Likes

Cech’s retiring anyway, there is effectively zero point in giving him anymore game time.

3 Likes

Rotation. We have United next weekend. Might be a good idea to keep Leno fresh. We shouldn’t be needing our strongest XI against Rennes. Mind you I said the same v BATE.

1 Like

We should really be playing a 11 very similar to the away leg against BATE, which was a strong team

1 Like

A goalkeeper shouldn’t have any issue playing all our Europa and league games for the rest of the season.

Is Leno any better than you thought @Phoebica?

2 Likes

Well I certainly didn’t think he had that kind of save in his locker and he seems to be doing better than his last year or so at Leverkusen, but time will tell. Hopefully he’ll have many performances like that, then i’ll be fully on his train.

1 Like

Reminder that Ben ‘The Baller’ Arfa will be on his best form to make sure Emery(and coincidentally Arsenal) get embarassed. Let’s not take them lightly.

We can rotate a bit, but still field a competitive team.