Reiss Nelson (24)

Well we have no idea what happened, lets see if we get any more details.

7 Likes

Probably gonna him out for another season after the pre-season with us.

I think him and Smith Rowe will probably get a lot more game time next season. We canā€™t keep loaning them out, they can make the bench for PL games and even play in cup games and the odd PL game if needed. We need to throw them into the deep end rather then loaning them out like Wenger did quite a bit.

Interview with Reiss Nelson. He comes across quite negative in parts IMO. He doesnā€™t seem to be enjoying the experience ā€“ he says the place is dull, the players ā€œall speak Germanā€ and heā€™s not taking advantage of their state of the art facilities.

Their gym and rehab centres are so advanced that well known faces from the NBA, NHL and PGA Tour are known to visit them especially for their services throughout the year.

Nelson is not a regular visitor: ā€œFor me, the style of play I play, doing the gym and things like that, itā€™s not really my style.ā€

Though he does have good words for the manager. And heā€™s not the first to have a little dig at Wengerā€™s tactics (or lack thereof)

Iā€™ve got a lot of time and respect for ArsĆØneā€¦ā€ says Nelson.

ā€œBut coming to Hoffenheim, Julian is a bit different ā€“ he has a different style, he likes to look at the opposition and change the team. Heā€™s very tactical.ā€

1 Like

Guess weā€™ll find out where his future lies during Arsenal pre-season.

1 Like

That looks like some poor mentality, based on what heā€™s saying there, of course all the players are speaking german, what the fuck were you expecting, learning the language wouldnā€™t hurt you.

10 Likes

Going to the gym ā€˜isnā€™t his styleā€™. Right sure, he wonā€™t benefit from getting bulky but he could be doing squats, power cleans, power jerks to improve his explosivity. He comes across as unprofessional resting on his laurels.

The reason CR7 is where he is, isnā€™t because he was the most talented youth because quaresma was more talented, itā€™s because heā€™s the most dedicated player in the world.

8 Likes

Explains why heā€™s been benched a bit I guess.

Shame, I hope he gets his head straight

1 Like

He doesnā€™t sound very serious tbh, not the mentality that will take you to the top or close enough at all.

Even though itā€™s a shortish interview itā€™s pretty damning, doubt heā€™ll make it under Emery unless he fixes up.

2 Likes

Like pretty much every other youth footballer we have he cares more about his insta and his fifa 19 stats than actually get his head down and cracking on

Heā€™ll probably end up like all the others

5 Likes

Hasnā€™t he also been been reported to have disciplinary issues while on loan too thatā€™s limited his selection too?

May have totally made that up but Iā€™m sure I had something somewhat along those lines

1 Like

Heā€™s only describing a culture shock that will be felt by nearly every person who goes to a country with a different language.

The gym part is worrying though.

2 Likes

Tbf you donā€™t need gym for that

No but itā€™s using gym equipment to do it and heā€™s implying he doesnā€™t need to use any gym equipement.

I think he is saying that his game relies on speed and agility; thus going to gym to add weight doesnā€™t make as much sense to him.
Footballers spend a good time training on field, which should suffice.
He is still a kid and at his age, going to gym isnā€™t always advisable.

Just your run of the mill cocky English. :jake2:

3 Likes

I hope thatā€™s mainly it, but this is concerning nonetheless

Itā€™s not about going to the gym to add weight itā€™s about using the state of the art gym facilities to improve his overall athletic performance.

Have you seen the size of some of the fastest sprinters of all time? Adding muscle doesnā€™t necessarily reduce your speed if itā€™s done using the right methods.

If he thinks heā€™s above training in the gym then he better have some absolutely mercurial talent behind him.

The interview doesnā€™t read well for him.

9 Likes

How are you replying to me but talking to @Darkseid?

Donā€™t do this to me man!!!

1 Like

Sprinters use a completely different running technique compared to footballers though. Sprinting for time is a very linear exercise while dribbling in football is equally non-linear.

For an attacker, being quick is almost useless if you cannot be quick with a ball in-between your feet, and that makes using the technique sprinters use for running non-applicable.

Weight also plays a major role in determining stamina, endurance and longevity, which needs to be taken into consideration too.