Reiss Nelson (24)

I think Nelson will be a tricky one to move. Clubs will be scared to take a gamble on him like Guendo last summer.
Reckon Arsenal would prefer to extend his contract and then sent him out on loan so he can raise his value. Doubt Nelson is signing anything though.

Nketiah the same. Sucks really, we are looking at 2 assets that could’ve got us £20 million each. Hell, it could’ve been more if they were sent out on loan like Willock and performed.
We’ll be lucky to sell them for £10m each now.

This guy wouldn’t have scored the free kick Willian done last night

#fuckoffhaleend

2 Likes

7 Likes

I posted it so you would bite :joy:

Nice easy one :wink:

1 Like

Is this really gonna raise his value? His value is at ~10m now. Will a successful season at Olympiakos really bump that? :thinking:

How many years do we invest in these kids and this is what we end up with.
Academy system needs an overhaul. Probably knocked a lot of natural development out of him by regimenting these kids.
Too much overthinking in the game now for me.

1 Like

Would rather he goes to a Championship team rather than there.

1 Like

Hale End is fine. I think we’re actually producing quality players nowadays. And even if they’re not making it here their value turns out alright.
I do think we need to be smarter on moving on players though. No point keeping Nelson in January. Big opportunity missed.
I like what Per has done recently with loaning most of our youth out, even if that meant the U23 squad got weakened. I reckon we’ll be able to get some good profit on most of those lads.

I was generalising mainly because the game for all it’s money is producing very little star quality.
Game stuck on Fifa 14 at the moment.

1 Like

Yep. :rofl:
Micromanagement and rise of social media taking its toll on football?

1 Like

Jesus fucking christ

2 Likes

Home Grown quota gonna Home Grown quota

Arsenal trying to do what Chelsea do with their young players. Extend the life of the players contract with the hope that they hit a bit of form. Sell when the value of the player is at its highest.

If it’s a 25 grand a week contract, it works out at just £1.2m a year. A small price to pay.

3 Likes

Obviously impressed sitting on that bench and not leaving on loan in January.

1 Like

We :clap:t3: are :clap:t3: so :clap:t3: fucking :clap:t3: stupid.

3 Likes

Agree with that - hopefully he does well where he goes on loan and at a minimum he’s still worth a few million to a buying club next summer.

If we don’t extend, he kills another year of his career by not playing + a future club won’t want to pay him a good salary because he’s an unknown. And then we get don’t a get a transfer fee for him. Both parties lose.

It’s impressive how we’ve even managed to tank the value of promising homegrown young players, that Liverpool would get like £20m for.

An all time disasterclass in running a football club

1 Like

Couple of million at best :upside_down_face:

Looked very lively in the friendly.
I liked how he tried baiting defenders by dribbling with his left foot and then switching to his right to catch them off guard. Smart.

Him and Eddie should let the Arsenal dream go for now. Time for them to get regular game time.