Reiss Nelson (24)

Not a good trend. The players have realised Arsenal is an easy mark

2 Likes

And other clubs :grin:

1 Like

I still think Nelson is a decent player and should have been given a few more opportunities.

His initial instinct is always to link up with another team mate, but unfortunately in our broken ass system there is never anybody on his wavelength.

Heā€™s somebody who has the right skillset to succeed at a big club. Weā€™ll have to just take whatever the fuck we can get for him.

I always pictured a Jordan Ibe-esque transfer fee for Nelson. Weā€™ll barely get 3 or 4 mil for him now

For Ipswich Town maybe

2 Likes

Nelson ainā€™t gonna be a hill that I die on, but I always liked the player.

If he decides to stay for another bitch ass year riding the bench instead of finding first team football somewhere else, then my estimation of his attitude will go down considerably. Rated him for going to Germany for a loan, which indicated a really healthy work ethic, but a year wasted at this stage of his career would be criminal.

He needs to leave if he ainā€™t going to extend.

1 Like

Brentford spot a diamond in the roughā€¦

1 Like

Peep who liked the post. :eyes:
Were all of Willock, AMN, Nelson and I assume Eddie as well shown the door after returning for preseason?

If so, club is pretty stupid for not putting them on the market earlier.
I presume none of accepts having a squad role for another season. We kind of knew that from the interviews Joe and Ains had, and Nelsonā€™s and Nketiahā€™s reluctance to sign a new deal.

Hopefully we manage to sell all of them in time and for good money.

1 Like

If I was him I would of gone to Spain, Germany or France where it would be easier to show case his skill set in a mid table attacking team

1 Like

Reunion with Emery?

Might as well wonā€™t hurt his career

Fabrizio saying to keep an eye in the coming days on Reiss in regards to Arsenal outgoings.

Quite sad Nelson couldnā€™t kick on, but it is about time he got some actual game time as his career has been on pause for like 3 years.

9 Likes

Lots of rumours about Palace and him lately. They apparently want him on loan and weā€™re trying to renew his deal.

1 Like

A contract extension and loan to Palace would be a good solution. I donā€™t think he would garner much of a transfer fee right now but, unlike AMN and Nketiah, you can still envision a world in which he puts it together and becomes a top player. I wouldnā€™t bet on it happening but he has that ceiling.

1 Like

For Palace.

1 Like

Reiss Nelson is as exciting as Elneny. Get rid.

4 Likes

Which considering the fact heā€™s a wide player is inexcusable.

To think at one point he had a bigger reputation than Sancho.

He has been favourite to go to Crystal Palace for the last few weeks but I hope we sell him rather than go on loan, as long as we get a decent price for him.

Some iconic management by Arteta though.

Who would have thought Emery would he better for our youngsters.

Iā€™m just so glad we wasted a year of his development so we could give minutes to the crucial Willian.

Really well done.

4 Likes

He wonā€™t comeback with any value. Get shut now. Getting relegated at Palace anyway.

3 Likes