Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

My reading of the situation from working in the dog-eat-dog world of finance is that the board are positioning themselves to say “it wasn’t our fault” or to make more money. That’s pretty much all boards do.
I think Raul’s probably opened himself to investigation by the authorities and rather than appear to be sanctioning actions that could lead to trouble or bad PR they’ve moved him on. I’m not saying anything illegal has happened though, it could just be a perception of impropriety or an inconvenient situation for the board/club/shareholders.

There will be confidentiality clauses and solicitors all over this, so don’t expect anything other than shards of fact to come out.

1 Like

Don’t forget Willian! Which will objectively be proven to be the worst deal of all time. :pepe1:

My vibe here is Kroenke wasn’t happy losing control. Think he just wrestles us back too cheap and projects and Hope’s Arteta can be a lucky talisman.

1 Like

Who are we crediting for the Martinelli signing ?

Martinelli was Cagigao.

2 Likes

That article is not good reading lol

1 Like

Gotta say, I’m impressed with Tony’s statements lately. He’s been spot on most of the times. Glad he started thinking straight again. Hopefully Henry follows suit. :henry2:

“As Ivan Gazidis explained on the day of the presentation, I was on a list of eight candidates they were going to interview,”

“Thanks in part to Arturo Canales (his now agent), they insisted I was the best candidate of all.”

@Forever. This is apparantly what Emery said at his first press conference. Arturo Canales is buddies with Sanllehi. Those two have a connection since his Barcelona days. Pique and Pablo Mari are a few of his clients. The doubts surrounding the appointment of Emery are more than fair…

3 Likes

oh and the best of them all he was… for their pockets.

fuck Arturo Canales

Doubts can be there, I had them too.

But one can’t argue with 3 consecutive EL wins. It’s not that easy as Arsenal has realised over and over again.

1 Like

Big interview

1 Like

Soundbites until they actually deliver. Good to hear that they are focussing on PL and CL and not top 4.

1 Like

No, but there is a lot more than just his 3 EL wins. To go off that seems a bit shortsighted. He couldn’t deliver that either btw. Got beat down hard in the final.

1 Like

Am I the only one exhausted after reading this shit statement of repeats? Could have knocked that text down to 4-5 sentences top.

5 Likes

Yawn. Lip service galore.

Also Raul got sacked because he’s a shady fuck. That statement about them mutually agreeing to let him go because of covid is horse shit. They are all just trying to save face and keep reputations in tact.

5 Likes

Is that actually what they said?

Raul said it was the reason in his statement last night. Was posted on here

Oh my god what a joke. That’s the most transparent thing ever haha

I can believe this.

2 Likes