Pictures of OA members

I almost slipped in my flip flops to be honest.

Papa @Joshua is spot on.

1 Like

What is the statue?

Well next time wear sensible shoes!

1 Like

Maddie has the agility of a spider monkey right now, it’s a toddler thing. I think our @Cristo may be slightly less agile.

1 Like

It’s the cougar @Cristo was hitting on the other night. Nobody had the heart to tell him she was a statue. :auba:

3 Likes
  1. Just, because it didn’t work out for Emery at Arsenal doesn’t mean @SRCJJ was wrong at the time.

When you look at accolades and history of both managers. Poch won fuck all as a manager. Emery won 3 consecutive ELs. Managed a top club in PSG.

Meanwhile Poch managed Espanyol, Southampton and small time club Spurs.

Where exactly was @SRCJJ wrong on his opinion about Emery being a better manager than Poch?

I guess from a Wenga man you count finishing top 4 as a trophy. Well it ain’t a trophy lelelel

1. Within reason it was a good hire. Didn’t work out, it happens.

2. We can all make wild guesses, sometimes it works sometimes they don’t. Regarding Ancelotti, based on his past achievements. Why not.

4-6) Sometimes they can become excellent footballers and sometimes they disappoint. There is no clarevoyant on here who can predict it with absolute certainty. For each of the players a case could be made.

To say they are all shockers is a gross exaggeration.

1 Like

You weren’t kidding when talking about holidays and saying you weren’t interested in other countries’ cultures :stuck_out_tongue:

Along with Peter Schmeichel and Cristo it’s right at the top of things that come to my mind whenever someone mentions Denmark :grin:

5 Likes

Might end up in Copenhagen at one point you never now haha looks like a decent Ladsladslads weekend away place. :beers::beers::beers:

2 Likes

Carlsberg
Cristo
Schmeichels
Mermaid
Cycling

My Danish top five.

Sorry @LordBendtner :santi:

4 Likes

Can’t believe I forgot :bacon: on reflection

2 Likes

Lars Ulrich and Lego. That’s it really.

3 Likes

That statue is 1.25m and 175kg??? I think she qualifies as an “absolute unit”

4 Likes

She is a proper unit.

Thicc is the only way to describe her, her hips are :eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a great 3-4 day getaway!

Fairly pricey though, around the same as London.

1 Like

How would you say Copenhagen compares to Oslo, price wise? Cos as a born and bred Londoner I’m used to things costing a lot, but I went to Oslo for a wedding and nearly had a heart attack each time I got my wallet out. Only holiday I’ve been on where I’ve not got pissed, a quick cost/benefit analysis revealed it just wasn’t worth it haha. Think I paid something like seventeen quid for a medium glass of wine and less than a pint of draught lager in one fairly normal, non fancy place in the city centre. Beautiful city but fuck me.

2 Likes

Cheaper than Oslo and Stockholm, Norwegians and Swedes go to Copenhagen to party because it’s cheaper and the nightlife is better.

A cocktail that might cost £15 in London will cost you like £16 in CPH, but that’s also due to the exchange rate being terrible at the moment.

A pint will be around £5-£7 depending where you go.

It was about £25 for 4 pints of Kronenbourg Blanc for me the other night, but that’s in an area called Frederiksberg which is pretty bouji and similar to Chelsea/Kensington/Fulham.

2 Likes

Of course… home from home for you :grin:

8 Likes

:joy: I knew that was coming

To be fair Copenhagen is a weird one, it’s a very middle class city with not much socio-economic diversity.

The overwhelming majority of the city’s neighbourhoods are like Fulham with a couple of “bad” neighbourhoods but nothing even slightly comparable to the deprivation found in London.

We were supposed to visit Copenhagen and then Mims (my partner) got pregnant, then we were going to go after the baby was born but realized we’d actually miss her and leaving a 3mo old was a bad call…then we were supposed to visit in the spring and COVID hit. :xhaka:

Nice to hear it’s actually affordable.

@Cristo if Mims and I ever make it, we can meet up. Bring your mermaid. We’ll fuck shit up.

1 Like

Come in the summer!

I’m biased obviously, but in the summer time it is quite genuinely one of the best cities in the world.

The state has spent literally billions of dollars on infrastructure projects like 16 new metro stations, loads of new bridges, incredible “beaches” on the canals and water as well as cleaning the water in the canals which has breathed so much life into the city and really brought people out of their homes and into the city.

Couple that with a huge student population of several hundred thousand (universities and high schoolers) out of 1.2m and the city is really buzzing and alive.

The exchange rate with the DKK and USD is actually really favourable right now so not a bad time to go!

But yeah “affordable” might not be the term for it :joy: But “not more expensive than London” is still decent I guess haha

2 Likes