Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

it’s a salient point to be fair to him.

The owners should listen to the fans, but not let fan reaction guide decisions.

But they also shouldn’t employ people that think Unai Emery is an appropriate manager for Arsenal.

I guess is what i’m trying to say.

Have a vision that people can buy into and people will be patient. Buy all these good attacking players and hand them over to a small dicker to shit all over isn’t smart and the fans shouldn’t be blamed for pointing that out. Especially by those that also pointed it out but can now moralise and talk from subscription based ivory towers.

To be fair James has been getting on my nerves recently as well. Heard him on another podcast where he was saying how shitty Arsenal fans are. There has been this rush by Arsenal fans to self flagellate and say how we deserve to be shit because we booed Xhaka and Eboue, and how we should get relegated because we deserve it. James has done a little bit of that. He’s also definitely not as funny as he thinks he is.

1 Like

After Wenger they made tremendous mistake and destroyed the good things left by Arsène.

Arsenal signed twelve different players (13 with Saliba), spent over £200m, appointed and fired a manager, sacked Mislintat to appoint a sporting director and where are the results? I’m not putting pressure to win the Premier League trophy or the Champions League, but fighting for the 4th place yes.

A famous italian proverb is: it was better when it was worse.

In my humble opinion the number one guilty is Sanllehi.

Why?

Sold the soul to Jorgè Mendes and kept Unai Emery for too long.

Another mystery is Edu. Why we signed him?

I’m not against Edu but is clear the fact which he is a Don Raul’s man, appointed thanks to the relationship with Jorge Mendes and only after the offers rejected by Marc Overmars and Monchi.

1 Like

What was that?

1 Like

A team with a football identity who helped Unai Emery to be unbeaten for 22 games.

1 Like

Wenger left a hack of a team behind. And the club have assembled a decent squad which needs proper management, good coaching and some additional investment.

We’ve actually got a pretty damn good team which is just being criminally mismanaged. The fans are desperately looking for someone to blame for our current position but it can be easily remedied by just appointing a good manager with a personality strong enough to imprint his will on the squad. That manager will bring with him good coaching staff and then we’ll spend the next few transfer windows making alterations to the lineup.

2 Likes

The only identity we’ve had for a decade is susceptibility leading to capitulation.

In my opinion they haven’t built a good team.

If you ask me who I would keep, I can say: Leno and Martinez, Kolasinac and Tierney, Sokratis (the only one decent CB. The problem is who asks him to be a playmaker), Guendouzi, Xhaka, Torreira, Martinelli and Aubameyang.

Maitland-Niles.
Nelson out.
Willock out.
Saka out.
Luiz out.
Mustafi out.
Mesut out.
Lacazette out.
Pèpè - will never be a great player - out.
Bellerin is finished.
Tired to waste time hoping to see Holding and Chambers making a good performance.

1 Like

I think the squad is underperforming relative to its talent but I don’t think the squad is constructed correctly.

I was an advocate of selling one of the two strikers over the summer to fund more transfers and to end the constant debate of who should be left out/played on the wing.

The Board took a gamble on making certain purchases and trying to run it back with basically the same squad and it’s fallen apart.

Sokratis has aged 100 years overnight. Luiz has been mediocre to awful. I’m concerned that Ceballos is lost somewhere in England because we haven’t seen him in a while. Hector looks like a shadow of the player he used to be. Both strikers look frustrated and ready to leave. To top it all off, the 72m GBP winger that the previous coach wanted looks every bit a mid 20s stepover king who tore it up in an inferior division. He needs coaching and doesn’t seem to be getting any.

3 Likes

Public statements are hard to read too much into… I think Arsenal has a long (and appropriate imho) tradition of putting on a very positive and supportive posture to their management IN PUBLIC.

I thought the way they handled Emery (barring waiting far too long) was totally classy and Arsenalesque.

1 Like

If only class won trophies :pensive::pensive:

Haha… well yeah, but that sort of class doesn’t really come with any downside… our issue is that we are too indecisive and make bad decisions (really, really bad combo)…

2 Likes

Some might say that that class comes with the side effect of being too soft and not being ruthless enough in the transfer market and in the way we deal with managers and players.

I wouldn’t be one that says that…

Bad managers let underperformers stick around too long because they are too nice and want to give them a chance… that is NOT class.

Anyway, we have gone off on a bit of a tangent. I think where the debate becomes grey for me is in areas of ethics - classy vs. win at all costs comes into play where the lines of cheating/breaking the law are not super solid (e.g., diving).

4 points above the relegation places.
10 points behind 4th place
27 points behind first place
Less than half season gone

Lots of money spent on new players - about 130m last Summer alone

A team that can’t defend or hold the lead

A clueless manager (allegedly Rauls pick over Arteta at the time) far too belatedly dismissed. Now his number 2 taking the reigns because there was no high quality replacement lined up and ready to start even though it was obvious for ages that Emery had lost the team.

All under good Mr Raul who’s been at the club to head up/strengthen the football side of the Arsenal for about 2 years now. He’s got a lot to show for his time here - none of it good.

I’d say he’s failed pretty badly and I think 2 years is more than enough time to have proven himself. The latest failure just another in his string of many.

Hope he gets his P45 now rather than being given another season by the hapless Kroenke family. I’m sure though he’ll be given more time. I’m not excited.

1 Like

4 Likes

27 points off the pace in early December, it makes me laugh/ cry everytime I think about it. It’s truly astounding.

2 Likes

What is happening on and off the pitch pushed to change my idea of Emery. Former manager wasn’t a top class coach but not the only one guilty for this mess. Board members used Unai as scapegoat saving their reputations, as usual.

Don Raul Sanllehi out now!

2 Likes

Our head of football has presided over the biggest decline and just accelerated it while spending a fortune in fans money in the process.

The contrast between how the Scum changed their manager versus us was night and day compared to us. They’re back to winning and looking competitive again while we dither and delay. Even if the toxic one doesn’t work out in the long run for them they have leadership which is decisive in executing on a plan.

Sanllehi is just a lazy, over paid parasite. We’re the laughing stock of the prem with this arse hole leading the football side of the club. If they wanted to interview 10 managers it should’ve been done during the November international break already. No urgency, no plan, just stumbling from one disappointment to the next. P45 well overdue. He’s never gonna be part of the leadership to take us back to being a competitive top team again.

2 Likes

Sanllehi and his collabs are ridiculing the glorious name of the Arsenal Football Club.

They took advantage on Ljungberg only why they know how the swedish loves the club. Left him alone with an academy manager who worked this week on youth contracts and a GK coach.

Shameful.

10 Likes