Raphinha

1 year when he’s free agent.

2 Likes

Surely a substantial amount of money plus a player like Nelson could sway the Northerners?

I’d offer them Pepe

I’m thinking of a player that hasn’t been tainted. Nelson still has some worthy stock of promise about him, an unfulfilled potential talent.

Pepe I’m sure across England is probably considered damaged goods at this point. I think he goes abroad.

Some reports saying Leeds want £65m, and Ajax want EUR 50m for Lisandro.

At those prices, both deals will fall through :laca:

1 Like

So would I. Then I hate Leeds. So it fits with my agenda.

That’s what they’re asking, doesn’t mean they’ll get it.

Doesn’t mean they won’t, either. Clubs like Napoli and Palace have held firm over the asking prices of their players and turned down good money for years. Leeds aren’t broke, Ajax could lose multiple key players - ofc I want the deals to happen but I think we could be priced out.

2 Likes

I don’t care if we pay £65m for Raphina. He’s better than all of our existing wide options and infinitely improves our weak attack.

Going into next season without signing a wide man will be a huge mistake.

Put the money down, secure the man

9 Likes

A bigger mistake than relying on Tierney and Tavares for the whole season? If it was only one of Martinez or Raphinha we could get (because of our budget), who would you pick?

Show some respect to our number 7, Fast Skinny Legs.

Its number 11 under threat here.

He did embarrass him last time we played against Leeds that Jesse had to hook Raphinha. :grimacing:

Btw, he(Little Gabi) ain’t making the WC squad right?

1 Like

Dont think so but no shame in that tbf. 5 sub rule helps his development no end.

1 Like

Yeah don’t really get the I’d pay 55m but not 65m kind of sentiments.

You shop in the PL you know how it works. You take punts on him when he’s 23 at Rennes or you pay the premium once he’s at Leeds.

I’d rather overpay 10m for him than pay 35m for a player worth 35m and be smug about getting good value. If he’s the top target then he’s the top target.

6 Likes

Exactly and it’s not our money anyway. If the club says we can afford £65m then we can afford it so may as well spend it.

Nightmare scenario is he joins spurs.

He’ll be looking at Spurs and seeing Moura sitting on the bench behind Son and Kulusevski and that’ll make him think twice I’m sure.

He’d be starting more games for us, I’m sure of it.

However this 5 sub rule is fucking the transfer market - everyone is out trying to spend money on quality depth to take advantage of it.

1 Like

Well, you need to be careful with these. The price didn’t use to be £65m. The price (if Leeds stayed up) has risen over the last couple of months.
I guarantee you if we made a first offer of £65m to Leeds the other day they would still knock it back and ask for more money, even if they told us £65m was gonna be good enough initially. They could say there is a demand for the player so they had to adjust it.

We’ll see how long Leeds can keep this up. Player seems to be keen on moving on and they apparently don’t want to stand in his way if he wants to go. I think his future will be decided by the end of July.