Raphinha

Raphina is a dream signing but I’m not puffing on that hopium just yet

Absolute baller that could start for any top team

3 Likes

Different players. I’d be happy with either. Raphinha is the baller, but Richarlison carries more goal threat and workrate.

1 Like

I don’t think he works harder than Raphinha does as Raph works his socks off and his goal threat isn’t much better if at all. Raphinha can have excellent games without scoring in the vein of a Hazaed-esque player which is a trait Richarlison lacks

Raphinha can be a top player and is close, Richarlison won’t be IMO, doesn’t have the brain or the technical proficiency.

2 Likes

Arsenal win the world cup just like in 1998.

Our front 3 of Raphina Jesus Martinelli win Brazil the world cup and Arsenal the quadruple just to piss off the scousers

1 Like

I reallly like Raphinha to be honest. He’s a hybrid between a midfielder and forward though similar to Saka. ESR is a hybrid as well. Martinelli is a forward who can play wide.

I’d worry about goal threat and ability to break the lines if we had Saka, Raphinha and Odegaard behind our striker.

Feel we need two forwards in the forward line. Not every team can be so functional as to have 2 forwards like Mane and Salah on the wing, but I’d like at least one genuine forward to compliment our striker.

Don’t get it twisted though, I’d throw a street party if we landed Raphinha.

Wrong country bro. England win the World Cup like 1966. Eddie 14, Saka and ESR.

Didn’t France win the World Cup in 98

They did. But let’s ignore that.

I was basing it off the newspaper headline when France won it haha

1 Like

Ooohhh I got you

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t even go there. Have you ever watched MLS on TV? There’s always some bare-chested cunt ‘banging on the bongos like a chimpanzee’. It gets fucking annoying quickly.

2 Likes

:giroud2: :giroud2: :giroud2: :giroud2: :giroud2: :giroud2:

At the very least the Raphinha links lend credence to the idea that we want to sign a wide forward in addition to a striker.

Jesus and Raphinha would be great. I think both could still go up a level.

Idk this was pretty amazing. Dude is dressed like The Riddler.

Looking at his stats on Transfermarkt, Raphinha has 127 career games on the right and 78 career games on the left. Most of those LW games were back when he was in Portugal but he does have significant experience playing on that side.

Raphinha–Jesus–Saka with Martinelli, ESR, Nketiah second choice would work pretty well for next season. Maybe not quite as much goal threat as one would like but creativity, quickness, and technical ability in spades.

I’m pessimistic about our ability to move Pepe this summer though, unless its a loan. Not clear who wants to pay him 140k per week to bring his limited game to town. What a disastrous transfer.

2 Likes

:arteta2:

2 Likes
1 Like

What if we sign Raphina, Jesus, Tielemans but don’t sign Saka to an extension :eyes:

Honestly if we create a good enough squad Saka is anything but irreplaceable. I’d love him to sign but he’s not the only player in the world. If we got an obscene fee to further strengthen, I’d get over it quick enough. Losing him on a free however would be Cesc level heartache

3 Likes